Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a little bit of time this morning so i thought i would share with you other opportunities that i offer. i offer a "come fish your boat/gear" deal, where i will come aboard your boat and see if we can get your boat/gear catching the way you want. these trips run $250 for an 8 hour trip.

before the season starts in the spring, i offer catch and release trips using the same gear as i do in the spring fishing. this makes for great fishing as there are not many people out and no pressure at all on the fish. last year the trips i was fishing lasted about 2 hours and usually resulted in 20-25 trophy stripers landed and SAFELY released. these trips are available for $400 for up to 6 hours.

during the summer, i offer live lining for stripers, jigging, trolling for blues/macks, top water guided trips, bottom fishing, and river fishing with the kids. these trips run $400 for a 6 hour trip, and $475 for an 8 hour trip. the river fishing with kids is a trip that targets white perch and spot with some rock mixed in. this can be done either by bottom fishing or using ultra light tackle with 4lb test. on these trips i have either the big boat or a 19' carolina skiff to fish from. these trips run $275 for a 6 hour trip.

finally, its almost that time of year to move the boat to VA Beach for the winter trophy striper season. this is a trip you do not want to miss out on. the limits are a little different. the crew is allowed 2 fish over 28" per person and the captain is allowed 2 as well!! this makes for some really nice fillets to get you through the winter. these trips we carry jigging rods as well as 6 trolling rods. the intent is to try to get the fish jigging first, if that doesnt work, we dump the big gear out. last year we had some awesome jigging days where we were catching some nice fish. the biggest fish caught jigging last year tipped the scales at 46" and weighed 41lbs:bigfish: you get that fish on a light rod with 17lb test, you have your hands full:D these trips are 8 hour trips that run $600 for up to 4 people.

the top water trips i only carry up to 4 people, but all the other bay area trips i can carry up to 6 people.

the 6 hour trips can be either morning or afternoon trips, what ever works for you. i also run doubles during the spring season, so if i am booked in the morning of a day you want, we can make it an afternoon bite. dont let the late start scare you, there is a lot of action on the afternoon trips as well, sometimes better then the morning bite. thats why they call it fishing.

tight lines and i hope to see you on the water.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Kyle, You are the man!!!! I want to grow up to be like you. Kyle If time willing Im going to book a trip with you in VA Beach.

2520 Parker
SATISFIED
Doug

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I can attest first-hand that having Kyle on board your boat is a very good idea. He came on my boat last year before the spring trophy season and we caught fisht until my arms were sore. This was before I even had a gps/fishfinder on the boat!

After my outing with Kyle, I felt 100% comfortable running my boards, learned some new knots, how to maintain my lures, and was able to add more rods to my spread. He's also a very valuable resource if you want to learn more about the Solomons fishing grounds.

-Martin

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Sounds good to me, now lets not forget I have a "Dash For A Day" offer myself. For $250, I come aboard your boat, let you drive, rig the gear, while I drink your beer and eat your food. I will opine on the good ole days, regale you with tales of Superfish, Graybeard, and Thill, and criticise your sleection of baits, rig, and knot tying ability. At the end of the day, I'll offer suggestions how to clean and unload your boat as I drive off. Yes, I am in demand, book soon before all of my available time is taken. I have holiday gift cards for those tough to buy for folks.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
always has to be some one...

Capt. John, thanks for heads up, i checked with my insurance com. a long time ago about this. maybe i will give them a call again just to double check.

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
kyle, what does "always has to be someone" mean. i was merely bringing this to your attention, because some commercial insurance follows the captain some does not. at least that's my understanding.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Capt John, there was another post from Dashaway before yours that seemed to be mocking Kyle. I think Kyle was expressing his frustration toward that post.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thats right, nothing against you Capt. John, just a few haters on the board. you said or did nothing wrong, was not directed at you.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Haha, not a hater, I'm all for your enterprise, but if there's business in charging somebody 250 bucks to go fishing on their boat, I'm impressed, you must be one hell of a captain.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Not a hater at all, this topic just struck an odd note to me, but I am odd. Wasn't it even a little funny, it WAS free. My best to the king, I've never met him

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Not a hater at all, this topic just struck an odd note to me, but I am odd. Wasn't it even a little funny, it WAS free. My best to the king, I've never met him
Dash,
I thought it was funny. Maybe that makes me odd too!:cool2:

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i wish that when i first started fishing for these trophy stripers there was some one that offered the things i do. it would have saved me a lot of time/money with all the mistakes i was making. I am just trying to help the fishing community grow!!!!!

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
I actually think your service isn't a bad idea, but Dash's post was funny.:clapping2:

·
Registered
25 Posts
i wish that when i first started fishing for these trophy stripers there was some one that offered the things i do. it would have saved me a lot of time/money with all the mistakes i was making. I am just trying to help the fishing community grow!!!!!
I like the way you think Kyle, and I know my game could use a little help. Maybe in the spring you could show me a trick or two. My boats in Lusby. On another note, I'm trying to put together a Va Beach trip right now. I'll call you and schedule as soon as I hear back from my son!

John

1 - 20 of 34 Posts