Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just spied this on M's FB feed, good gawd!!! This is for 5lb of Yellow perch fillets.

Thanks to all who ordered perch last week !!
Middletown & Johnstown NY, Danbury CT, Carlinville Ill, Pottsville & Bedford PA, Fishers IN, Richlamd Ctr Wi. and more
$105/5 lbs skinless/boneless shipped to lower 48
Legal processor, insured, licensed, HACCP
Thanks guys & gals

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good lord! Wonder how many filets it takes to amass 5lbs
On the 10" Wp we caught 24 fillets weighed 3.4lb. I know YP are thicker and longer so I'd say somewhere around 30-36. That's over $20/lb. I can get fresh YF tuna fr $8/lb.

·
Registered
12,428 Posts
if you want to eat the best panfish ,they command a high price for their firmness and sweetness . You can buy whole white perch in bulk 50# boxes that are sold for crab bait at Conrad's Seafood in Belair for a fraction of the price..

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
That's why I don't mind spending $20 for gas on the weekend to catch fish. The price of rockfish in the early season is $25 a lb. I also get a fun day on the water with either friends or family. You can't put a price tag on that. Most of my friends and family don't eat fish but enjoy fishing so all of their catch goes in my freezer.

Mike

·
Registered
12,428 Posts
Good lord! Wonder how many filets it takes to amass 5lbs
It said that's shipped anywhere in the lower 48. Not at the counter. So that means, boxed, iced and the cost of shipping included.
I bought 10# of Walleye fillets 3 years ago shipped to the door from Minnesota and they were $10 # free shipingThat's when Trump was minding the store. Inflation was done on purpoae to raise exra taxes on everything to pay for their big ideas at the expense of all earned income and consumer purchases

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It said that's shipped anywhere in the lower 48. Not at the counter. So that means, boxed, iced and the cost of shipping included.
I know, but damn, $20/lb is insane, shipped or not .

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
I can get fresh YF tuna fr $8/lb.
How has nobody responded to this? I want to know who your YF tuna guy is. I'll jump on that deal (unless I need to drive all the way to NYC or all the way down to West O.C.).

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How has nobody responded to this? I want to know who your YF tuna guy is. I'll jump on that deal (unless I need to drive all the way to NYC or all the way down to West O.C.).
You'll have to drive a little further to Wanchese, North Carolina.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As soon as the larger shrimp come in season I'll be making the trip for shrimp and tuna. We go and spend a few days with a guy I served with, do some fishing and head home.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I bought 10# of Walleye fillets 3 years ago shipped to the door from Minnesota and they were $10 # free shipingThat's when Trump was minding the store. Inflation was done on purpoae to raise exra taxes on everything to pay for their big ideas at the expense of all earned income and consumer purchases
Anyone that doesn't think inflation would have happened regardless of who was at the wheel has their head buried in their maga hat.
I'm no Biden fan.. far from it, and I've never been a liberal.
But the writing was on the wall well before covid hit.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Anyone that doesn't think inflation would have happened regardless of who was at the wheel has their head buried in their maga hat.
I'm not buying that it was coming anyway prior to Covid. Covid had a lot to do with inflation and thus the government shutting down the country and handing out too much money because of Covid, money they had to print. Florida handled Covid the proper way, never really shutting their state down. Another big reason inflation is so high is the cost of energy, especially diesel and gas and that's all on this Administration and the world climate change cult. European countries like Germany made a huge mistake by moving away from fossil fuels and relying on Russia for their natural gas and oil. It's all backfired on the climate changers cause now Germany and other countries are firing up and building new coal plants in desperation. Too bad senile Biden hasn't learned anything from Europe's self destruction. It's all about destroying the middle class and Globalization.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Respectfully disagree with you russell and agree with buckshot. Did the china virus push us over the precipice? Yeah but we were standing at the edge. 0% loans and hell there were some instruments that had a negative interest rate. Economics 101 calls foul all day long on this.

·
Premium Member
26,871 Posts
Yellow Perch fetch big dollars in some states. Poachers in Md were raking in $$$$ for awhile sending our YP out west.

One got busted by feds for being inside the proving ground area - that stopped some of them.

·
Registered
12,428 Posts
You and uncle rob should have your heads examined. Maybe you get a deal for 2.It's a no brainer . Yiu think it's a coincidence that it happenned to Uncle Joe. If trump gets back in you 2 will eat those words along with his $8 dollars a lb tuna from NC. Even O Bummer said. Leave it to Joe to **** everythng up

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I'm not buying that it was coming anyway prior to Covid.
I won't disagree that the global handling of a shift from fossil fuels has been poorly executed and is certainly an issue I have with the liberal camp.
But as our national deficit ballooned prior to covid, in conjunction with very low interest rates, economists were concerned about impending inflation. This is fact.
And again, I'm no liberal, but the shutdowns and money printing was rollin' prior to this admin.
So, as much as we'd like to blame all our problems on sleepy joe and the libs, the table was set before he got there.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts