Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys:

Just got back from a great trip to a "secret" location with Wild Bill and Brandon.

Lot's of great memories and Brandon has posted some great pictures.

However, here is one that he did not get. Luckily I was there to capture all of the action.

Whether that was "Sinking" Line, or "Floating" Line it will wrap like crazy on a 225 Yamaha. As you can see, even though it was Bill's boat he let our young, and more agile, leader do the work.

Everyone should remember it can happen to even the most experienced anglers so be careful all of you.

As you can guess all ended well and Bill and Brandon survived to fish another day.:clap::clap::clap:

The "Moral of the Story". Fishing with a Fly Rod will get you in trouble everytime.;-);-)

Now on to the next trip.

Gt

·
Registered
475 Posts
That's routine when I troll alone and hook up. Good news is it usually happens when I hook two, and I'm done anyway. Cut and run is what I do. Hey' there's an old phrase.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Heh heh, Bill told me you threatened to post that pic, Chuck. Happens to everyone at some time or the other. Thanks for "the rest of the story." Just glad they weren't too close to the rocks when they were disabled!

·
Premium Member
26,227 Posts
At least it was fairly calm :thumbup:. That has to hurt cutting a high dollar fly line :eek2: - it's bad enough with braid , or so I've heard :innocent::D.

·
Administrator
18,673 Posts
Oh boy Chuck, you really did it now. Wild Bill is not going to be happy with you:nono:
I am actaully surprised that you were able to get that shot between you and McBride sitting there munching peanuts and drinking sodas:eek:;-)

While it is a funny picture and we had some good laughs, it's a good reminder for people that when something like this happens you should call your friends and have a support boat come over while you work (better to have one that does not sit there eat, drink soda take pictures and crack jokes that make you laugh while you're hanging off the end of a boat, but take what you can get at the time) . Our main concern was that if one of us fell overboard out there we would not have been able to go and get the other person. Something as simple has having to cut off line could have ended up a pretty serious situation. Thank goodness it was calm out, it really would have been a fun job if it was like it was just a few hours earlier.

All ended well and as soon as we got free we headed back over to the rip and landed a few more fish before going in for the night:D

B

1 - 10 of 10 Posts