Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Team "Fish Hard was in the water at 0700 and due to flat seas ran straight to Cape Charles/38a area having had no luck in the river or at the 42/Cell area the previous week. Ride was great up until the last 4 miles that was a bit bumpy. Got going and managed 2 keeper flounder and quite a few croakers, several trout, one Grey at 14". Saw a lot of rays but thankfully they did not bite our stuff.

We pounded the area pretty hard and then moved up to Cherry Stone Reef area and tried there. Then decided to go back to the river at about 1pm because it had laid down a bit.

Took about an hour to get back to the rap and we tried a couple of our regualr spots and I managed my keeper there.

Headed to J & W's at 3pm. Nothing big, Mine and Jim's fish weighed the same on the scale at J & W's but it weighs in 10ths of a pound. Mine showed 1.6 breifly and settled on 1.5. Then Jim's weighed at 1.5. My high tech scale at home showed his at 1# 9.60oz and mine at 1# 10.95oz., so if nothing else, I beat Jim haha!! Scott Houghtalling had us both with a bigger fish just shy of 2#.

Croakers were all small but weighed for points.

Flounder area starting to show, but nothing like last year at this time. I think they are running late. Last year at this time we had caught around 25 keepers in the river in the same 2 week period. This year...1.

Scott Gregg
Fish Hard

·
Registered
573 Posts
Earned Your Flounder

HTML:
Scott,
You and your crew really earned your catch. I saw that all 3 of you weighed flounder and croakers in the NNAC tournament. Congratulations on finding flounder in our region.
I waited until the current started running strong to get after the elusive flounder, but the wind went from 5-10 to 15-20 almost instantly about time I got out to fish around 1:00. Couldn't jig vertically, but did manage one 18 inch flounder on the drift on a flounder rig with a strip of croaker. Guess I am too comfortable to stay inside in the AC to put in the time. But I do plan to start trolling for SM with a few bluefish as a bonus to get some fresh strip bait for flounder.
Tom

1 - 2 of 2 Posts