Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed down to the quarry at Joppa Town today about 1300. Very few cars-doesn't look good. Started down to the water and met someone leaving-frozen over. I was afraid of that. Went up to Grey's Run, signs posted saying "SEWER OVERFLOW, AVIOD AREA, AVOID CONTACT WITH WATER and something else 12-30-2008. That's why I'sitting here typing this post instead of fishing. Everywhere else except probably the dam is frozen up as well. Bummer, come on springtime

Hey Capt Nick: Tried to send you a p mail to see what conditions were in the outback and got a reply that you either were not receiving them or were not allowed to receive them?????

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Jerry, I just came down 40 and saw the same signs. That's a new one for me, never saw or heard of a spill there before. Hopefully some of this stimulus/infrastructure money allegedly coming will get diverted from roads and bridges to fix the sewage and stormwater infrastructure.
Pat in Joppa

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pat: They just tied in the lateral for that new deveplopment up on Rt 7 just downstream about a hundred yards a couple of years ago. I suspect it was a blockage. There may even be an inverted siphon under the creek itself that may have blocked. Either way, it's not good.

Skip: the dam would definately be fishable today. Yesterday it was still up around 16 feet which makes for some tough fishing. Pmail me your mailing address, I have a couple of lures that I would like you to test drive.

Have to go back to work tomorrow so it won't really matter until Saturday when they are predicting rain and snow flurries. As I said, come on spring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts