Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Honda 225 4 stroke outboard and am looking for a motor cover. Boaters Worlds are only big enough for 2 strokes. Any suggestions on where I could get a cover for a honda 225 4 stroke?

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
I bought the cover for my 150 at Bass Pro. They had different sizes that went up to 250HP. I wouldn't buy the Honda factory cover, that thing was about 80 bucks for my 150 so it would probably be more for a 225. The bass pro cover was $35.

-JB

·
Registered
275 Posts
I got one for my honda 135 4-stroke at bass pro as well, they had a variety of sizes and had much better prices than boaters world or west marine at the time

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Tim I have been trying to find one for my 300 yammy and its not been easy

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Go by the dimensions of the cover not the recommended HP size. The cover that supposedly fits my 200hp 2 stroke is hugely oversized. It would fit a motor cover that is a heck of a lot bigger.

·
Premium Member
26,108 Posts
You can also try a local boat canvas maker.Winter is often a slow time for them and an outboard cover can be made easily.It will fit perfectly :thumbup: plus they offer a choice of colors.You might even get lucky and be able to have it made from scraps - saving even more money :yes:.

Be sure to write your phone # on the inside- just in case you lose it on the road.

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
Just got back from spending my birthday giftcard at BPS. Thought about your post and looked at the engine covers, they were $21.99 for the 250-300Hp covers but they were out of stock. :((

-JB

·
Registered
6,818 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I find it hard to believe that you would spend 20,000 dollars for an outboard motor and then complain because the manufacturer wants 100 bucks for a cover.
Try a trash bag and duck tape. It will work and is cheap. Cut some vents in it so that it breaths.
The motor does not need a cover anyway.

Cottonduck

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I have a Honda 225 4 stroke outboard and am looking for a motor cover. Boaters Worlds are only big enough for 2 strokes. Any suggestions on where I could get a cover for a honda 225 4 stroke?
It's not pretty but I've seen grill covers used for larger OB's as well as twin OB's.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts