Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm headed to Nags Head for the week of June 18th and I'm going to book an offshore charter. Just want to know if anyone has any advice or refrerrals towards any boat. And where the best place to go is? Also whats biting in mid-june? Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
dont forget to bring your surf cast equipment. Fishing along the Oregon Inlet Bridge is HOT that time of year. You'll most likely run into me down there. Shrimp, Bloodworms, or cutbait for flounder spots and croaker, Blues will blitz like crazy in the shallows about an hour before dark and will hit ANYTHING, but Gotcha Plugs will always bring them in. Live line a spot for big drum, rock, and sea trout. There's also almost always a school of big sized Gar to go after. You'll see them close to the surface. live line a pig fish or a spot and float it right on top. When the gar hits it, do nothing. Let it run and set the hook in itself. Always fun to catch one.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I wouldn't dismiss the phenominal inshore drum and cobia onslaught that occurs around may/june. but, if offshore is the route...you can't really go wrong with anyone from OI. I've been on Hog Wild and being a redskins fan...love the boat. Tuna duck is also a way to go.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I would recommend Krage Gardiner on the Fin Galley out of Oregon Inlet. We have been with him several times and he has always produced. Let him know the Mike Smith crew sent you

·
Registered
535 Posts
If going with Rick Caton go cobia fishing it is a blast and he is one of the best.I am sure he is booked.Offshore Point Runner,Thophy Hunter.

·
Registered
11,853 Posts
I chartered the blue devil last year and had a great trip. The boat is bare bones, but solid. The crew is top notch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts