Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are going to be staying in Kitty Hawk soon and would like to take 2 young boys crabbing. Just want to throw some string in with chicken necks on them. Was trying to find a location (dock etc) to take them to that would be kind of close to where we're staying. I've drawn a blank with my internet searches. Any recommendations would be extremely appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
for crabbing you have a bunch of options...anywhere in the sound will produce. Your gonna be in KH so the closest access would be just south of Jockeys Ridge. There are better places if you take rt 12 south toward the inlet...or you can try over on manteo as well..go over the bridge and make a left at the light near pirates cove. If all else fails, head north to the corolla light. My house is about a mile away from there, I always do well there. It might also be the easiest for young ones....theres a bunch of docks there. Hope that helps..

·
Registered
535 Posts
We go to Colington(sp).The road to it in Kill Devil hills or Kitty hawk.About 2miles off of the beach High way.Drive until you go over a bridge park on the right ,crab off bulkhead.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to both of you for the reply. We'll try the bulkhead in Collington first but not sure how to get to the docks in Corolla. Any help with directions would be appreciated. We're on our way tomorrow along with everyone else. Cant wait. [excited]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts