Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I did the same a few years ago and I would advise the following:

Don't fish out of Kill Devil Hills. That is primarily a fresh water area. Sightsee or crab but better fishing would be done by trailering to Manteo and putting in at the Municipal pier under the bridge. Head South and explore the Guts that go back West toward Wanchese. Drift through them on an outgoing tide for Hardhead and especially near the mouths of guts for Flounder. If you get lucky you could cast net for fresh shrimp back there. I think you can keep 100 per person or use for bait. You could also trailer down to Oregon Inlet and fish the guts near the bridge or Sound if it's not too windy. This time of year you could troll Clarks for Blues or maybe Spanish.
Good info
We put a smack down on fish last summer out of Oregon inlet on kayaks. Fish back bays around the bridge and find the deep guts and marsh areas where tide lines are created. We where in sight of the bridge all day. Nice flounder bluefish and reds. 1/4 ounce jig head with gulps. Take plenty of gulps white and chartreuse

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Thanks to all for the great advice (and warnings)....much appreciated. I'm leaning on taking the boat (kids also want to wakeboard) and getting a near shore charter. Will definitely surf fish too.
Almost forgot. Messed around for a few hours behind whalebone tackle before Oregon inlet on the yaks last summer. Busted my red cherry right there with a 29incher lol. Gold weed less spoon

1 - 2 of 2 Posts