Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Fish around the inlets and bring a cast net because finger mullets are on the move.Early and late will be best.Flounder,puppy drum,bluefish,trout, and many many more fish will feed on these migrating morsels.mirror lures work well as well as soft plastic grubs or fin-s's.good luck and i hope this helps ya.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The South Side of Oregon Inlet (the rock jetty in particular) can be a wonderful place to fish - just bring your net and catch the finger mullet in the cove before you walk out there - there are also peanut bunker behind the Propeller at the Fishing Center - with that much bait in the wash, you can only pray that your Bass Assasain looks somewhat like a free meal. The Puppy Drum and Specks will certainly make the bait-gathering worth while.

·
Registered
373 Posts
HI:
BAIT...BAIT...BAIT....
The PIT BOSS fishes the surf a lot. heres on of his tricks:
Get a chrome ball in 2,3,5 ounces. Attach one or two hooks on short leaders(8-12 inches).
Add your bait du jure, and cast out at a jetty end or into teh surf.
NOW let that chrome ball roll along. YOU ARE TROLLING THE SURF NOW.
As this rig rolls along it will attract lots more fish.
HINT...HINT...HINT... Add a T'ZER fly above each hook. I use colored buckatil WITH a STRIP OF MYLAR.
Bass, Blues, Fluke, all love this rig.
If there is small surf, then use a double hook rig on a 40 inch leader. Cast out and sand spike it. The double hook rig WITH a float on that 40 inch leader will keep your baits Up above the crabs(mostly) and in the fish's strike zone. I like Skimmers in eth spring and lATE FALL or aftwe a big blow. oTHER WISE i'D FISH A mack strip CUT 1/8 or 1/4 wide by 3-6 inches long.
If you have any questions on any of these rigs, let me know and I'll be glad to talk to you.
WACKM N STACKM
Joseph B. ...aka...Ancient Mariner

[tongue]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.