Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the late report. Fished in the yak off Pea Island on the Boiler wreck early Saturday morning. Strong north current and stronger north wind made holding the wreck with my kayak wreck anchor tough (I'm still modifying the system) but I did get a couple small ones. They're bigger ones out there. Wind picked up and white caps drove me back to the beach. Hung out around Rodanthe and knapped at Ramp 27 before picking up some bait and heading to a hole north of the Boiler. Textbook surffishing conditions. Deep cut, deep slough, sharp point. Fished the afternoon away from the beach and picked up some nice blues and a near-keeper flounder on finger mullet I netted right in the wash. I was looking for drum but the blues kept whacking my bait. Definitely a spot to explore later. While I was scoping the spot, I saw a guy and his daughter caught in a rip current. Later, while I was rigging up the ambulance, park patrol, and police showed up. They carted the guy off still performing CPR. Read in the paper this morning that surfers were able to rescue his daughter but the guy died. Never underestimate that ocean.

R

1 - 1 of 1 Posts