Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Ocean City Maryland and will be coming to Nags Head for the week between Christmas and New Years will be towing down our bay boat 19 foot skiff. Can any members recommend where I should fish with kids for stripers (or anything else). I have run through Oregon Inlet six or seven times in a much larger boat don't think I want to tempt fate with the skiff any suggestions on where to fish would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bill

·
Registered
253 Posts
Mann's Harbor Bridge if the rock are there, is your best bet. There is a ramp on the west side of bridge. You also can fish OI around the bridge. Check reports before you go down and see where the bite is.

·
Registered
38 Posts
be careful on rough days in the inlet. 3 guys flipped their 20 ft skiff this week and had to leave the boat. rescued by cato in 49 deg water.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Mann's Harbor is the place if you cant get out of OI. On good days if you watch the weather you should be able to just watch the shoals. We go out in an 18' cc for them. When fishing manns harbor, keep switching lures untill you get a bite. Try trolling and casting. They can turn on at any point during the day but right before sunset is usually the best time for us. Goodluck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts