Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any recommended outfitters for fishing kayaks in the Baltimore Washington corridor? I'm contemplating getting a kayak for fishing, but don't want to have to drive down to Richmond just shop.

Thanks
Sawyer

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sawyer,

When you are ready to make a purchase you should definitly buy from these guys...http://www.kayakfishingstuff.com/ They were awesome to deal with.

There in NJ but they can ship it for you very cheap....and they will out fit to so its customized to your needs. They have a good kayak comparison page too.

Jim

·
Registered
167 Posts
Autumn Sky Outfitters,REI,Bass Pro Shops and a place in Towson that I forget the name of right now.
The yak I have is a Swifty Perception. Its good for most of your white water,lakes and rivers. I bought two flush mount rod holders from Bass pro, cut the holes behind me one on each side and your good to go.Your gear can be put behind you and your tackle can be condenced for your trip into a Plano box(3600) and thats your trip. I would look for the next size up with a storage hole in the rear of the yak. This is how I fish so hope this helps.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Army surplus store in Waldor MD. A block or two East on 5 (towards Pt. Lookout) on the left after crossing the railroad tracks. Have a pretty good selection (upstairs filled with kayaks and a couple canoes) but no fishing yaks. Would probably order for you.

Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.