Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my boat back from the canvas shop. Rodney Banks did an outstanding job on building a full enclosure on my 20' Wellcraft.

The quality of the work is outstanding. Not much more that I can say about it other than he did a great job at a very reasonable price. His shop is in Salisbury, MD. Contact info by B-mail. No affiliation here, just a happy customer.

Lance

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Pretty work Lance, did u use standard isinglass? Looks like you got plenty of headroom to stand up in her on those less than pond like days.

I just got done buying the raw materials from www.canvasdealer.com. I went with strataglass as I had it on my 34's flybridge and 4 years later the stuff was clear as glass. I'm skipping the front u-zippers as you know how much water an Albe takes over her nose on rough days. I'm tired of water dripping on my electronics. My buddy is making up the panels from the old pieces and I'm going to do the snaps. I can't wait.

·
Premium Member
26,179 Posts
Looks great.I can't tell from to photo if the front snaps on the inside or not.Small detail but very important.If (when) alot of water hits the windshield it will run upwards and pour into the boat between the snaps.If they did not do this it might be wise to get it added now while the canvas is new.My boat has double snaps on the sides as well.You'll see boats at the ramp on a rough day with towels stuffed in the spaces between the snaps on the windshield.On an older boat I had I put a length of aluminum angle 2x2 as a wave deflector.Kept us dry.I unscrewed the snaps -cut the angle to fit-notch for the V and used SS screws to hold it on.Looked great and really worked. Skip

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
Looks Great.

Happy NY Guys, :D

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Terp, I know all too well where water can enter a 24 Albe. Been there and done that, still wish I could.

The windows are standard fare 40 gauge clear vinyl. Not sure of the brand name. The windshield snaps to the outside. Velcro flaps over all the zippers. There is no U-zipper in the front. That is actually done with Velcro as well.

Water doesn't really come over the bow of this boat. It's really got a lot of flare up high. I've only washed the bow down twice that I can remember, both times in the OC inlet, and not enough to come up the windshield. It is only 20', and therefore has a few more limitations than when I ran the Albe:D

It will be getting a good ocean workout pretty soon.

Lance

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good catch Ele. The back wasn't fully installed in that pic. It's just hanging from the top, sides aren't connected to anything at that point.

Lance

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
Lance, okay, that explains it. I guess I am kind of a critic, now that I have a son-in-law that does canvas work.

Ele

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.com!
7,173 Posts
Enclosure

Lance - Impressive work and you'll love it. I have one on my Seaswirl Striper and I can stay out all-day, just enjoying life. I wouldn't go without one now. Congrats! Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts