Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I am trying to find someone that has experiance with any boats in the Outerbanks area that take over 6 guys offshore fishing. I am planning my bachelor party and want to go Billfishing one day and Wreck fishing the next. It si going to be around 10 guys. I dont want to go on a boat that is really a head boat but takes you out and drives you around in the ocean and says were billfishing. I would like to go with a good captain and crew. I just wan it to be fun for everyone. Well, any help or recomendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Well, I'm not in any position to recommend a boat to meet your needs. Just want to let you know that there is a big difference between "six" and "more".

Any vessel with the proper equipment and a properly licensed operator can carry up to six passengers. This is an "Uninspected Vessel", and the operator can have an Operator of Uninspected Vessel (OUPV, or "six pack") license.

To carry more than six passengers, a vessel has to be "Inspected". This is an entirely different ballgame, with USCG approved plans, inspections at various stages of construction, ongoing inspections during use, and a Certificate of Inspection that specifies number of passengers, routes, etc. The required equipment is more extensive, and the licensing requirements are more stringent for the operator.

So, there aren't too many "inspected" vessels built to carry eight, or ten, or 12, but more commonly 25, or 48, or ??? Just a cost of construction and operation issue.

Best of luck for the bachelor party, the wedding, and the transition to married life. ;)

Brian

·
Registered
877 Posts
If you new bride doesn't like fishing....enjoy your last offshore adventure!

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've fished on the Country Girl out of pirate's Cove (Manteo). Great Capt and mate and the boat is very nice and fast. They do a good job, highly recommend them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks

I just wanted to say thanks for the responses. I am glad to hear the good things about the Country Girl. I will be trying to book this week. Thanks again:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts