Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
10/16/2012 - Good day to all from Captain Joe of Muff Diver Charters. I have heard that there is some good tuna fishing taking place in the canyons, mostly on the chunk. The body of water that I believe the tuna are in appears to be moving in a south-westerly direction - meaning that it may be around the Baltimore/Poor Man's canyon by this weekend. The anglers from New Jersey have done really well the last couple of weeks - when they could get out.

The weather forecast shows it will be favorable this weekend, so I am planning a season ending "Make Up" overnight trip for Saturday and Sunday - 10/20&21. We will leave the dock at 9am on Saturday and return to the dock by around 3pm on Sunday afternoon. I have heard that there are some dolphins still around the pots and there should be some tilefish around. Because the tuna bite appears to be mainly a chunking bite, I am figuring on doing some deep dropping for tiles and look at the balls for dolphin during Saturday afternoon unless we hear of a trolling bite going on. Then we will eat dinner and relax a bit then set up for chunking. Sunday morning, after we wrap up with the chunking, I am thinking the we go trolling for longfin tuna (if we have not caught any at night) and perhaps some additional deep drops for tile. KEEP IN MIND that this is primarily a TUNA trip.

The cost of the trip will be $650 per person and that does include the mates tip but not what you want to eat, drink and fish cleaning. The date again is this coming Saturday and Sunday, the 20th and 21st, leaving dock at 9am. This is the first notification that I am sending out so we will need a total of 6 anglers and will take on a first come first serve basis. Please call Captain Joe Riley at 410-353-0785 of return an E-mail to me. Fishing should be good - so let's make the final outing a great success. Call me. Thanks, Captain Joe

1 - 1 of 1 Posts