Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to check and see if anyone else has encountered a problem with some kind of overspray getting on their vehicles after parking at the crab creek boat ramp at the lesner bridge. I did not notice it a first as my truck is silver but could tell my windshield was not coming completely clean and the wipers sounded different going across the glass. Didn't really think too much of it but after about a week or so of the sun glare in my eyes I took a closer look and it seems to be all over my vehicle and does not come off easily. The only place I could think of that I have parked where there is some kind of construction going on is the boat ramp. Please let me know if anyone else has experienced this issue.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Hope others post as well so we can figure out how many are affected and what we can do about it. I have reached out to the city of vb project manager this morning and will let you know what he says.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
cool baby cobia,

as far as damage to vehicles it could be paint over spray. I work at a govt shipyard and years ago they were spray painting a navy ship and the wind took the over spray over 100's of cars and they had to pay to fix peoples paint.

Walk under the bridge, look around sand see if you catch them painting, sand blasting, spraying concrete or look for something that matched what was on your vehicle. Call the city attorney and ask where you can file a claim.

Thanks for posting, people might have a class action lawsuit. If it is on those cars that park in the lot, it could also be on cars driving across the bridge or boats going under it, and or on surrounding vehicles and homes.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have to scrape it off the glass with a razor blade. No idea how I will get it off the paint. Here's what it looks like on paper. I think Foxwind may be right, might be concrete from them spraying. I didn't think they plan on sealing it until it is fully constructed but they may be doing it piece by piece as it goes in. I did not hear from the manager today. Plan to stop by the site tomorrow and call him directly. I know there has to be a lot more people affected. Maybe someone can mention on Facebook also.

Liquid Water Grey Rectangle Tints and shades

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
May have just found my answer on the city website chronicling the bridge construction, as posted on Aug 13th

"Once these segments are anchored in place, the launching gantry will lift all the remaining segments for the span into position. One by one, each segment face will get a coating of epoxy and then be pulled together using temporary post-tensioning bars. The span will be complete once all of the permanent post tensioning tendons (10 total; six 27-strand and four 19-strand) for span one of the bridge are installed, post-tensioned, and grouted. The launching gantry will then move to span 2. You can see how this equipment will be used in the Lesner Bridge Construction Sequence Animation."

"Over the next two weeks, the bridge contractor will:
Begin placing bridge segments in span 1 of 10
Install the column for Pier #4
Mobilize the seal slab for Pier #5
Complete the drilled foundation work at Pier #8
Begin drilling the foundations for the last bridge pier, Pier #9
Complete construction of Abutment B
Complete the coating of MSE wall #1
Now get ready to see the launching gantry lift some bridge segments . . . it really IS something!"

·
Registered
197 Posts
If it's anything petroleum based, smear your car with gojo hand cleaner....no grit kind, and wipe your car clean about 5 minutes later

It will remove paint, tar, bugs, sap

If it is epoxy paint the sooner the better

Trust me, it works, it's a mess, go throught some towels, but is cheap and works well

·
Registered
217 Posts
Mike,
I wish I had known this while we were down there watching the wind blow as I've been painting as a hobby for about 40 years.
Best advise you have gotten is a Clay Bar. Mequiars makes one, comes in a kit with the spray on solution to lubricate the surface. The stuff is magical. I just did a Harley for a guy that spray painted a bunch of lawn furniture in his garage and didn't cover his bike. It's time consuming, but, your paint will look better when you are done then before it happened. Pretty much just the horizontal surfaces.
Let us know how it works out.
Bill

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mike, I wish I had known this while we were down there watching the wind blow as I've been painting as a hobby for about 40 years. Best advise you have gotten is a Clay Bar. Mequiars makes one, comes in a kit with the spray on solution to lubricate the surface. The stuff is magical. I just did a Harley for a guy that spray painted a bunch of lawn furniture in his garage and didn't cover his bike. It's time consuming, but, your paint will look better when you are done then before it happened. Pretty much just the horizontal surfaces. Let us know how it works out. Bill
Thx, will check that out. Nice seeing you all and hope your drive back home was not too wet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.