Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was planning on heading to Ownes Landing to fish from shore with my father this week. I was wondering is there a better time than others? I know that the current is always moving up there but is there a time that is better than others? Is there a way I can check the "tides" up there? I just want to get Dad on a few fish and want to minimize the time that I have him out in the cold. He does not care to keep fish at all. Just wants a little pullage this time of year. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Due to ice, you may not be able to fish. Also beware the docks are floating and aren't very stable for people with poor balance.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
They really ain't been doing much off the docks. No one there when I came across a little while ago.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I was there in the cold Sunday morning off the docks and not much action. Caught a few keepers in 3 hours but really worked for them. Ice may be prohibitive for a while and the best bite seems to be from a boat at this point. Moving around and finding them on the deep ledges is best. Saw a few boats Sunday morning and they were having more success than me marking fish and drifting over those spots.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts