Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on fishing there either or both days depending on weather. Plan to launch around 6:30am. I looks like rain by 10 or 11 both days. I have not been out there in 2 weeks; it should turn on soon. Anyone else been out there lately? Anyone planning on going this weekend?

Tom

·
Registered
157 Posts
I am planning on going sunday morning. Have heard that some specs have been caught. I do not have a kayak but fish out of a small bass boat. If the wind is low will find the fish. Have had good luck with small jigs and fishbites. Catch 2 to 1 with the fishbites attached.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope to see you guys out there. I'll be in the Blue Prowler and drive a Blue Yukon. I have heard nothing but good things about fish bites. I will pick some up.

Jay, I will be there until around 11:00am if you decide the morning. Good Luck!

Tom

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'll be there Sunday morning, I should make it by 6:30. Looking forward to meeting and fishing with you guys. I was at the TKAA meeting but can't put any names with faces yet. I'll be in a green Xterra with a green prowler.
surf

·
Registered
20 Posts
thinking about going my self sunday morning let me know roughlywhat time you alll will be down there. trying to get this skunk out of my yak this year early[excited]

·
Registered
29 Posts
looks like rain in the morning. I think I'll wait and see what the weather looks like in the afternoon. Anybody planning for the afternoon?
surf

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Since, I have no choice between morning and afternoon, I will be launching about 6:30 am, as long as there is no light show. I does not look like that will be an issue. I am hoping the forecast is wrong again today. Hope to see some other yakers out there. I will post a report some time around noon for the afternoon crew. If by some miracle I get a hall pass, I will see you in the afternoon too! Tight lines!

Tom

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Morning Report- Water temp @ 58 degrees, raining light to heavy, moderate to strong winds.

Jay and I showed up within 10 minutes of each other at about 6:15am and lauched at 6:30. I stayed put across from the Aquarium and fished 4" Curly tails Gotcha grubs Smoke /with Fleck on a 3/8 jig head and caught to schoolies 12" and 15". Those were my first fish ever caught from the Yak. What a blast!

One guy in a boat caught some blues as well and pulled in an 18+" flounder. It died for a while until Jay found the school of blues off the point trolling; and it was on again. We caught some decent size schoolies. I was using swimming shads and Jay was using soft plastice minnows. They were hitting just about anything we threw (except the mirrolures). It was a good time, even though it rained until about 10am. All said, I had four nice blues and three that broke off at the boat.

It was nice to meet Jay and have someone to fish with. I hope the afternoon crew does well. Tight lines!

Tom

·
Registered
157 Posts
It was great fishing around you skinny...I was the guy in the boat that caught the flounder.I left you too in the kayaks and went to the high rent cove. Lots of fish but I could not get them to bite...The other boat that was in there with us was tearing up the fish did not want to get to close with the wind blowing like it was. I think the specs are there but not biting yet...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Once the rain let up while it was windy, schools of bluefish make the wind seem less of a problem. I limited out on bluefish today using yozuri minnows. the big fish was 23 inches and was very tasty. Maybe next week the wind will let me breakout the fly rod.

It was good fishing with you locke.

Jay

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks for the reports, sounds like I should have been there in the morning!Got busy and never made it out at all. Anybody fishing Tues. after 3pm.
surf

1 - 13 of 13 Posts