Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of hitting Owls Creek early Sunday to fish through the flood tide. Report in the Fisherman Mag had specks and pups in the creek and that's good enough to get me on the water. Could be croakers in the mouth of the inlet. You never know until you go! Anyway, 6:30 at the launch ramp on General Booth Blvd next to the Aquarium and Marine Science Center south of the Resort Strip in Virginia Beach. Give me a call if interested. 289-5136.

Ric

·
Registered
140 Posts
Sounds good, I had planned to try it this weekend also, someone has to be first to start catching the big greys. Only reservation is the NOAA wind prediction of North 15-20. Rudee isn't much fun in the North wind. If its not too bad, I'll be there.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I think the wind will be up too much for me to flail around with the flyrod so I'll be using 6 Lb spinning outfits and will be throwing small 4" grubs. My favorite "go to" pattern is the smoke/sparkle grub but I also use green,red, white etc. . I also plan on using a few mirrrolures if the grubs don't produce. May also throw a small pkg of frozen bait in the Yak but thats usually the last resort for me.Hope that helps.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I am really hoping to break in my new 9wt fly rod. I will be hitting the tying bench tonight. mostly clousers for me, but I would recommend flashy colors due to the muddy water that was there last weekend.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am bummed I could not make it this morning. My wife is pregnant with triplet. (3 Boys-Future fishing buddies, although my two year old daughter already loves surf fishing). We had a false alarm last night and did not get back from the hospital until well after mid-night. Would not have be a good move to run out this morning.

I hope you guys are catching 'em up right now! I would love a report with all of the details. I plan to go tomorrow around 8am. Conditions should be similar. Anyone who can make it, let me know!

Tom

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.