Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put in at about 6:30 paddle back into owls creek. Caught 3 flatties only 1 keeper.Drifted down the grass line and hooked up with another flattie, then ran into Mr. Speck and his 3 brothers[excited][excited][excited]. Thanks for all the info everyone posted to help me out. Think I'm going to burn up all my sick days faster than I thought[wink]oh yeah only 1 speck was a keeper.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice job, what did you catch the flatties on? I was thinking about taking my wife and daughter to Rudee for a couple of hours Sat. or Sun. evening. Not sure what day. They love flounder!
Martin

·
Registered
20 Posts
i fished owls creek thurdy morning from around 10 till noon time and get one bite. You must of got to them before I did [smile] Oh well hopefully I will get some this weekend. I was hoping to also get a few pups and some specks. OH well that why its fishing instead of catching[grin]

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I caught the flatties 1 on a crystal minnow and the others on a curly tail grub.I left at 9:45ish cause the bite just stoped. [sad]

·
Registered
13 Posts
I fished the inlet yesterday from about 1100-1400 only caught one spot, I was bottom fishing in Ocean Kayak Frenzy, used squid, cut menhaden and peeler crab. 1st time out and had a good time. Next time I'll bring a anchor, hard to stay in one spot with the wind and current.

Sly

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'll be out there tonight til 22:00 and back in the morning. I'm gonna try some dead shimps and toss this on the bank. Depending on the tide, I might try a few fiddlers and some mud minners. I'll let you know how I do. I expect I'll see Jay, Bennett and TC since thay are always out there too.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I just returned from Owls Creek with 2 puppy drum and caught them on outgoing tide with fiddlers. Good luck.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I spent the morning at Owls Creek. Blues were schooled up and busting bait on the surface. The water clairity was pretty clear and it was a beautiful morning. I caught my first red drum 15" and 3 blues. One of the blues was a personal best at 31.5 inches. The guys fishing from shore were laughing their %^& off watching me try any figure out how to get him in the boat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts