Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In all my years on the bay I have never met anyone who has oystered recreational. I’m just curios has anyone done it. If so do you use tongs? I suppose you oyster next the Condon put and take oyster reefs. I’ve watched com Ginger’s and it looks like to much work for me. I’ll buy oysters in a jar thank you.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Few guys I used to work with do, hand tongs.
Something to do while drinking a few beers, but they usually did pretty good.

They're still young and strong though, lol.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
Hard to believe, but years ago I use to be drifting along casting to the shore for rock fish at Eastern Neck Island/Chester River. The water was clear and I would see some oysters now and then. I would scrap them up with my landing net and eat them right in the boat. They were so good.

·
Premium Member
26,473 Posts
I've scuba dove in Eastern bay. Watch the rules - certain time limits and areas can open / close.

Look to DNR website.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Well, I don’t want to say anything bad about skip or everyone will get upset, cause he dives for anchors and catches rock with spot. Gary has me blocked, and you’re the only one that admits to being my best friend.

I ain’t afraid of them, nor should they be of me. Your oysters suck. lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, I don’t want to say anything bad about skip or everyone will get upset, cause he dives for anchors and catches rock with spot. Gary has me blocked, and you’re the only one that admits to being my best friend.

I ain’t afraid of them, nor should they be of me. Your oysters suck. lol
Longtail, I can't stand your negative attitude, day in day out. . You need pshycotherapy anger and jealosy management -- hope your insurance will pay, please go get it and then spare us all. There is NEVER anthing constructive or positive coming from you. Sick of reading your stuff -- I'm blocking you too. Why be such a consistent jerk posting a zillion times a day? Do you post all day while you are at work, or are you not employed? Go find something productive to do ... catch some fish and tell us how you do it, instead of posting all day from your computer -- GFYS!

·
Registered
15,187 Posts
Longtail, I can't stand your negative attitude, day in day out. . You need pshycotherapy anger and jealosy management -- hope your insurance will pay, please go get it and then spare us all. There is NEVER anthing constructive or positive coming from you. Sick of reading your stuff -- I'm blocking you too. Why be such a consistent jerk posting a zillion times a day? Do you post all day while you are at work, or are you not employed? Go find something productive to do ... catch some fish and tell us how you do it, instead of posting all day from your computer -- GFYS!
I blocked him too.......Gary

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Bay oysters are great, but they have no flavor. I have to add Tabasco or something to them to get em down and I don’t like doing that. I like to taste the oyster. Great for grilling though

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
honnieskiff, I’m joking Andy knows it and my attitude is far from negative. Seems like you got the negative attitude here. Don’t read my posts and move on. Life is good, have a beer or a dooby or something.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The thread was about recreational oystering and you guys wind up arguing over **** that has no bearing on the original question. Why is it long tail always seems to in the middle of this bull****.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts