Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Palin Sorry RNC Wasted Cash on Her Clothes

by Scott Ott for ScrappleFace

(2008-10-23) - Vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin today apologized to Republican supporters after expense reports revealed that the Republican National Committee used about $150,000 to buy designer clothing for her in September.
"I'm sorry we wasted your hard-earned campaign contributions," said Gov. Palin. "When you think of how that money could have been spent, you realize what a terrible decision it was to buy clothes for me to wear out there on the campaign trail."

Gov. Palin said that "Rather than squander that money with retail merchants and textile workers, it might have been more prudent to invest it in political consultants who earn six-figure salaries for devising clever slogans like 'Obama: Not Ready'."
"We also could have used it to put a few ads on MSNBC or in The New York Times," she said. "Goodness knows those folks could use the money. And that kind of cash would certainly buy several big boxes of multi-colored balloons and confetti, or maybe even get us a fancy new paint job for the Straight Talk Express."
RNC officials admitted to the shocking expenditure today when reporters asked about a budget line item labeled simply: 'Gilding the Lily'.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
For all the bitterness I have towards her, I actually have no problem with her cloths and what she spent on them, and for that matter who paid for them.. Ya gotta look good.. BO and McCanns wardrobe aren't cheap either..

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
It's not what one spends on their clothing.
It's whose money is being spent.
So with that thought process, you think either McCain and or Obama are paying for their clothes with their own money ?? The hotels, the dinners, the transportation, the gas, etc.. Who do you think is paying for it ???

The donors are.. So whats the problem ?

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Not a huge republican supporter but , to pay for the clothers and possible the next stimulus check or bailout they can auction off the SARAH's notice Sarah's (not BO or Johnny's for you pillow biters) unlaundered underware I will start the bidding

·
Registered
395 Posts
So with that thought process, you think either McCain and or Obama are paying for their clothes with their own money ?? The hotels, the dinners, the transportation, the gas, etc.. Who do you think is paying for it ???

The donors are.. So whats the problem ?
Yes. I do think they are paying for their own clothing. At least that is what they have both said. Biden claims to purchase his own clothing as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts