Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have secured a large section of the reservation this year. we have room for about 2 or 3 more members. This is without a doubt the best duck hunting in Virginia. This is the only place I have ever hunted in the state of Viginia where I have actually pick out males to shoot and still get my limit. You will need a boat. Cost is $1200.00 for the year. We normally don't take new members, but a couple of guys have moved out of state. I figured I would rather take guys from this board, then put an ad in the paper and take whatever comes down the road. Give me a bmail if interested.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know this is old but please call if you are looking for new members. I am an experienced waterfowler and former duck guide in Miss. and Arkansas. 804-938-7020

·
Registered
120 Posts
I just saw this also, and I live right across from the reservation on the New kent side. Is this still available. I see thousands of ducks every morning and evening while I am out catfishing and it just drives me crazy...

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would like to know where you hunt if you have the luxury to only shoot drakes. They do not have that luxury at the much better marshes on the pamunkey. I hunted there in 2004 and I was not able to do that. If you live in New Kent most of the ducks you see are probaly in eilsing green or old town

·
Registered
138 Posts
The Pamunkey Indian Reservation has plenty of big ducks...and they're having their best season in a while this year...maybe it's not all drakes, but it's been a lot of limits and a lot of selectivity...and a majority of big ducks...none of the ring bills like down around Chicahominy Lake and Ed Allen's.

All those ducks that are fed at Elsing Green to "protect them" from the evil hunters got to go somewhere...and they get slammed by the clubs at the Indian Reservation, Lilly Point, Sweet Hall Marsh and the new club at Cumberland Marsh arranged by the nature conservancy...they've all been having good years, but the Indian Reservation guys are having the best by far.

Now, if you want to talk about the back handed, low down way the guys at the Indian Reservation undercut the people that used to have that lease, well, that's another story.

·
Registered
699 Posts
the entire river

in that general area is a phenomenal place to duck hunt. Grew up in West Point and used to hunt near the reservation when I was a kid. I would definitely be interested to know if there is any reasonable availibility to get on a lease down there.

·
Registered
126 Posts
NO offense... I believe the duck blinds are a top money maker for the Reservation so its good business to have good hunting every year... What is the Cumberland Club sponosored by the Nature Conservacy all about?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts