Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Snuck down to the upper Sassafras tonite and fished inside Duffy Creek Marina for whatever would bite. Hoping some Yellow Perch were hanging around, small jigs and shad darts in combination were the lures of choice.
Took a little looking around but I managed a little pullage. First up this fine fellow:

Hooked a half-dozen or so fiestly little Crappie before finally landing one of our beloved little friends, the YP.

Nothing fantastic, a little slow even, but it sure was nice to get out and stick a hook in something. (All released)

C'mon spring!

·
Registered
858 Posts
Bless you bless you bless you...you and Graybeard actually giving reports.

Tomorrow is March 1...the month spring starts....before you know it I will be listening to Os games on the boat in a T-shirt jigging rockfish and big perch drinking a malt adult beverage.

I HATE CABIN FEVER

Don

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Way to go! I saw several cars at Gray's Run on the way home from work, but it looked like most of the creek was still iced over. Guess I'll have to Pmail Capt Nick to see if the quary is still frozen over. I would like to get out Saturday-I heard today that it is supposed to be 61 degrees. Come on springtime!!

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Nice crappie! Heres another report: I fished just below dam4 on the Potomac on Wednesday hunting for walleyes. All conditions were favorable but I still got skunked, no taps either. In spite of the warming weather, the melting snow kept the river at 37F. That a bit chilly.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
WTG!

Thanks for the report. Personally, I think this is the longest period of not wetting a line for me since I can remember. Mostly due to the past 2 winters fishin' with Steve F - I just can't muster the gumption to set out in the cold to catch something as big as the lures I'm now usually dropping and tossing. :)bigfish: ) The Gunpowder trout and Dickerson mini-smallies just don't seem to cut it anymore.:yawn:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Nice Report...Thanks!

Taking my boat to the shop tomorrow. Hope to get it back so I can get some YP/river action ; )

·
Registered
987 Posts
Nice Captain Ed
I hit a little creek down here by me the other day at lunch looking for a little YP action.
Still a little crusty
Minnows would have done the trick I think
Appreciate you posting this.
Come on daylight savings time:D
Thanks alot Captain

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dwayne, there were three other guys doing the same thing when I got there. No marina employees sighted, (Duffy Creek). They are in the process of building new ramps there by the way.
Some of the Crappie were 'eatin size', but I was jonesing for pullage and not for cleaning panfish.
Took a look around Millington, couple guys fishing next the 313 bridge. Made some casts around the old railroad bridge with no takers. No ice in the upper Chester at all.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Thanks I have been using the boat down there because they run me off the piers. Looks like the large boat that set under the canope is not there. I believe he was the complainer that caused the problems. I was down there in December and only caught very small crappie. That was unusual for that area usually caught mostly nice ones. Glad to hear you caught some nice ones.

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
I wonder if there's enough water to get the bass boat into the quarry? I was thinking about splashing her in Joppatwon and casting around the docks saturday but tonights rain will probably make a big mess.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
I'm gonna have to put a rod in the truck! No big bluegil? I got some ice jigs that would be great around the dock Ed. We should have at one evening we got of early.....right?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts