Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Panko Fried Fish

Recipe for cooking skinless boneless fish filets. Remove the dark meat from rock fish. I ran across this recipe for scallops, but it adapted well for rock. The Panko bread crumbs are available in the Oriental section at Farm Fresh markets and at Kroger, among others.

Heat a large black iron skillet over medium heat—say 4 on a scale of 10. Add 1/4 inch of oil to skillet. (I have now gone totally to olive oil for pan-frying, but any good vegetable oil will work).

Prepare seasoned flour by mixing ½ t salt and 1/2 t black pepper with 1 C all-purpose plain white flour. Stir well and spread into a dinner plate.

Beat two eggs together in a soup bowl until well combined

Spread 1 C of Panko bread crumbs in a separate dinner plate

Dredge both sides of filets first in flour, then in egg wash, then in Panko bead crumbs.

Place breaded filets gently in the hot oil and sauté until golden brown on one side, then turn over and sauté until golden brown on the other side. (I usually bread several filets and then re-coat with Panko (only) so I can get them all in the skillet at about the same time.

Serve hot with lemon wedges or your favorite malt vinegar.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I love Panko we take a couple boxes every year to Wachapreague that stuff is great on flounder fillets. The only way my girlfriend will eat fish is when it is breaded with panko.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts