Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We know that Bush has already pardoned himself and buddies from the law within the borders of the US, but any guess on who else wins a get out of jail free card?

·
Registered
14,877 Posts
Thanx Jim......

Guilty until proven innocent.

You could at least wait till the left wing messiah winns.

or you could stack the odds like convicting someone because their telephone conversation with Tim Russert doesn't match his recollection in a trial unrelated to an incident that didn't happen.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Actually, legally, the acceptance of a pardon is tantamount to admitting guilt just like a guilty plea.
It has nothing to do with left wing or right wing or odds or telephone conversations. It is a legal fact. One that you appear to wish to move into your own agenda.

Personally, I think a president should be very limited on their pardons. I would approve if presidential pardons had to be accepted by the senate. We don't need another fiasco like Clintons.

This will probably surprise you but I think the reason such pardons exist is to protect people like Oliver North while working on behalf of the government. I've always thought that Reagan let him down by not using the pardon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts