Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got all of this straight after a few months so here goes.....
On Dec 2nd I sold my parker 21SE to a guy in Millsboro....He asked me to deliver the boat and he would compensate me for doing so....So it is a clear beautiful day....sat afternoon...on a straight away road...hardly any traffic....I am making a left hand turn (1 lane each way) 1 mile from this guys house....a car comes from nowhere (behind me) and slams into the rear (port side) of my trailer!!!!!!
Boat goes flying off of the trailer and goes an official 225 ft!!!!!....Trailer busts in 1/2 and swings around and dents my pickup....the girl (21 years old) hits my boat and than hits a tree....
To make a long story short....she is OK...broken ankle...My truck had $800 worth of damage, she only had liability and her truck was totalled.... the insurance company wanted to fix the boat....I didn't want it fixed because I had the boat sold and wanted the full value of what I was selling it for....damage was at $14,000...........gel coat..fiberglass...trailer..trim tabs ripped off.......Boat had a strap around which was ripped to shredds....winch strap too......
What an awesome boat it was....after all of that the boat was sitting on the side of the road and looked like it was ready to launch.....it was towed to Shorts Marine....I wasn't very happy with them but thats another story.....
So after 5 LOOOOONG weeks...I got a lawyer and Libery mutual (Her Ins Co) settled...the full amount.......

So now I can get back to a normal schedule and my new boat is ordered.....the boat was sold to a salvage company.....

Very strange to watch your boat flying down the road...thank God No one was coming from the other direction........I missed ALOT of quality fishing time........:confused:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Very strange to watch your boat flying down the road...
Ill take your word on that. Thats unbelievable. Yea, Thank God that no one was traveling the other direction when all this happened. Glad everything settled out fairly. Mark.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Jamie the Predator wasn't very happy that you were getting rid of her and decided to commit suicide rather than having a new owner who couldn't catch a fish in an aquarium.:D :D :D :D Did you decide on a name for the new boat?

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Mark.....my wife was with me...and when I felt the thump and saw my boat flying (the guy hadn't paid me for the boat yet either....:rolleyes: )....... I said to my wife "you are not gonna belive this"....she thought the boat had fallen off of the trailer....after investigating the accident....there were no skidmarks...she wasn't looking up at all.......

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hank...I gotta go with Predator II........boat caught alot of fish ...........:p
I think you're right the boat wasn't gonna go to another owner........:)

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
Jamie-

Congratulations on the new rig and getting a fair settlement on your old one.

Must be something about 21 Parkers getting sad when their first owner rejects them. As you know my old 21 Parker was totaled at Montauk this year two years after I sold it.

I found the owner a four year newer 21 with a four stroke and very low hours at a good price. He is back in business and much the wiser.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
1,056 Posts
Wow Jamie, Glad everyone was Ok.

How did the potential buyer take this news?

Good luck with your new fishin' machine.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
I heard about the accident. Wow!!! 225 feet! That's an incredible story. Glad everyone was relatively ok though and glad it all finally worked out for you. I never did get a ride on her though. :D Hopefully I can on your 23. ;)
BTW, I'm the second owner of my 21SE but the previous owner only had it for about 7 months. She's been a good boat to me so far and I think I must have bypassed the second owner jinx because its been going on 3 1/2 yrs now. :)

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow Jamie, Glad everyone was Ok.

How did the potential buyer take this news?

Good luck with your new fishin' machine.
Well...the potential buyer was the witness to the accident...so his day wasn't going to well either............:eek:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Jamie

Glad everything finally worked out for the best. Sounds like it was a long, stressful ordeal.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Sure glad to hear that everything worked out ok for you Jamie. Not the way you had envisioned getting rid of the boat. Best of luck with the new ride. May she slay many a feesh. I'll look for you out on the water. Won't be long now.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
All I can say is DAMN!!!:eek: Thank God you were not hurt.

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dale...stressful would be putting it mildly.........
Jim...Thanks...won't be long and I'll be back in business.....
Jack....we'll get the gang together for a "break in" run....... :eek:
Phil...thanks.....you're right it could've been worse........

·
Registered
654 Posts
Wow, There is a picture of this (I think, I mean how many 21SEs are in accidents?) on THT.

I looked at the boat a few months ago, and should have bought it honestly, but I kept looking, after a few deals fell through for various reasons, I ordered a new 21SE last month.

How about that fancy enclosure you had? Are you interested in selling it?

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Jamie- Man O man. I was wonder'n why i hadn't seen any reports from ya. Sorry to hear of the ordeal and glad nobody got hurt. I hate for a good boat to meet its end like that. Well, now ya get to outfit another. This one will be even better. Maybe I'll get to ride on this one:D --------------------------

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
T...after investigating the accident....there were no skidmarks...she wasn't looking up at all.......
Probably text messaging her boyfriend, or screwing with her iPod at the time.

Glad to hear no one was seriously injured and the insurance finally worked out. Hope to see you soon in Predator II.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
What a strange turn of events,glad everything worked out for you in the end.Post a pic of the new boat when you get it;)

1 - 20 of 65 Posts