Tidal Fish Forum banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts
Jumbo 1 (Jamie)-- I realize this is a little off thread but since I'm trying to decide which boat to buy I'd like to hear your reasons for getting a 23SE vs. a 23 CC (deep vee with motor bracket). I fish mid-bay and south, often with long runs to Cell etc. in 3' bay chop. My old back didn't like that in a 21SE. Don't know if 23SE would be much smoother ride or not, so considering 23CC . I like the full transom and deep vee hull should handle the chop better, but not sure about drift fishing and LTJ. Would appreciate your opinion. Thanks.

Dude I was waitng for you to put that story out. I have about 2more weeks i hope til i get my new rig and hit the rips. Like I said you can hit the rips with Chris and I til yours comes in.

Boz

Discussion starter · #48 ·
Chris, great to hear from ya....I got transferred back to Easton this week, I have been there since last Sunday.....5 miles from hom eis good news!....:)
Bigwill.....I made a few calls and she seems to be fine...she doesn't remember anything about the accident.....she is a very nice girl just wasn't paying attention....
dash....thanks
Ken...Yes it was a little different...that was the first (and last I hope) accident that I have been involved in and it seemed to happen in slow motion...:confused:
Jkeeler...fortunately for me I get a free lawyer thru work....our union takes out fees every other week...($10) and we get a cetain number of hours for lawyer fees....house settlements, etc....so it's not really free but it's very cheap and he did a really good job of getting the money.....:)

Discussion starter · #49 ·
Gotboost and Javeil.......thanks
Ready2reel...there were some pics on a Fire company website but they didn't show any damage , they took them from the front...the frame stayed in tact...very solid boat...I didn't take any with my camera phone I was too busy trying not to Hurl.......:mad:
Zam....thanks
Boz....I will take you up on that for sure...you got my number...BTW I'm back in Easton now....
Bottom....yes she got a ticket for "inattentive driving..she actually hit my trailer as I was making a left turn, directly from behind....it just hit the left corner....
Creekster...I have no problems with deepV 23...it's just that I have fished on 23SE's before and was very impressed with them...the SE with it's modifiedV hull won't be as likely to "lean" when 3 or 4 guys are on the boat also....you can't go wrtong with either...for offshore I would think the DeepV would ride better but I'm no expert.....:)

Discussion starter · #50 ·
Heres a couple of pics.....
As you can see by the swirl marks the boat was spinning........
As you can see her vehicle was totalled...she had a cut on her face and was flown out....she is OK....she hit the tree after tshe hit my trailer.......

Attachments

I am glad that everyone was OK. Thank Goodness! That is scary! Good to see you are getting a new one and the insurance company came through. Tight lines brother!

Discussion starter · #56 ·
Boz....that is for sure....
dash....you got that right...believe it or not...all the hardware around the motor was bent...both trim rabs ripped off...tons of fiberglass work......but boat still took a beating and stayed in tact.....:cool:
jiggin....You bet!.....Wed is the day.....:D

Jumbo1-

As I told you before, that was a heck of a boat to meet such a fate- almost makes me wish I had bought her instead of going 23'. Your story has convinced me that I should never sell my Parker- maybe I'll get buried in it like the Egyptians- how many grave plots am I gonna need for a 23SE?

At least you didn't have to deal with the total loss of your Cummins, or anything more important than material stuff. I'm also glad that the cheesedoodle driving the other car made out OK, hopefully a broken ankle will remind her to slow the heck down and there won't be a NEXT time.

So, are you making any changes besides length? Leaning post instead of captains chairs? Adding a T-Top? I saw another post where you're going with the Lowrance/Foruno combo.

Choptankcrabber

Discussion starter · #60 ·
Yes I got the fiberglass T-top...leaning post with backrest and rocket kaunchers...curtains around the center console..Furuno Digital FCV585L....and a Raymarine A65 FF/GPS Combo...I like haviing a backup FF...will more than likely also install a Raymarine Auto pilot....washdown...all the good stuff....Trailer has LED lights and Hot Oil hubs....should be a nice package....and the Yamaha 225 is sweet also...it's nice when you fish on other peoples boats and you can see what you like or don't like....and Yes it was a great boat....but I think I maybe be able to break this boat ib for fishing Wed's like the other one.............:)

41 - 60 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.