Tidal Fish Forum banner

Parker 21SE Totalled!!!!

9K views 64 replies 47 participants last post by  jumbo1 
#1 ·
I finally got all of this straight after a few months so here goes.....
On Dec 2nd I sold my parker 21SE to a guy in Millsboro....He asked me to deliver the boat and he would compensate me for doing so....So it is a clear beautiful day....sat afternoon...on a straight away road...hardly any traffic....I am making a left hand turn (1 lane each way) 1 mile from this guys house....a car comes from nowhere (behind me) and slams into the rear (port side) of my trailer!!!!!!
Boat goes flying off of the trailer and goes an official 225 ft!!!!!....Trailer busts in 1/2 and swings around and dents my pickup....the girl (21 years old) hits my boat and than hits a tree....
To make a long story short....she is OK...broken ankle...My truck had $800 worth of damage, she only had liability and her truck was totalled.... the insurance company wanted to fix the boat....I didn't want it fixed because I had the boat sold and wanted the full value of what I was selling it for....damage was at $14,000...........gel coat..fiberglass...trailer..trim tabs ripped off.......Boat had a strap around which was ripped to shredds....winch strap too......
What an awesome boat it was....after all of that the boat was sitting on the side of the road and looked like it was ready to launch.....it was towed to Shorts Marine....I wasn't very happy with them but thats another story.....
So after 5 LOOOOONG weeks...I got a lawyer and Libery mutual (Her Ins Co) settled...the full amount.......

So now I can get back to a normal schedule and my new boat is ordered.....the boat was sold to a salvage company.....

Very strange to watch your boat flying down the road...thank God No one was coming from the other direction........I missed ALOT of quality fishing time........:confused:

See less See more
#3 ·
Jamie the Predator wasn't very happy that you were getting rid of her and decided to commit suicide rather than having a new owner who couldn't catch a fish in an aquarium.:D :D :D :D Did you decide on a name for the new boat?

#4 ·
Thanks Mark.....my wife was with me...and when I felt the thump and saw my boat flying (the guy hadn't paid me for the boat yet either....:rolleyes: )....... I said to my wife "you are not gonna belive this"....she thought the boat had fallen off of the trailer....after investigating the accident....there were no skidmarks...she wasn't looking up at all.......

#19 ·
T...after investigating the accident....there were no skidmarks...she wasn't looking up at all.......
Probably text messaging her boyfriend, or screwing with her iPod at the time.

Glad to hear no one was seriously injured and the insurance finally worked out. Hope to see you soon in Predator II.

#6 ·
Jamie-

Congratulations on the new rig and getting a fair settlement on your old one.

Must be something about 21 Parkers getting sad when their first owner rejects them. As you know my old 21 Parker was totaled at Montauk this year two years after I sold it.

I found the owner a four year newer 21 with a four stroke and very low hours at a good price. He is back in business and much the wiser.

#9 ·
I heard about the accident. Wow!!! 225 feet! That's an incredible story. Glad everyone was relatively ok though and glad it all finally worked out for you. I never did get a ride on her though. :D Hopefully I can on your 23. ;)
BTW, I'm the second owner of my 21SE but the previous owner only had it for about 7 months. She's been a good boat to me so far and I think I must have bypassed the second owner jinx because its been going on 3 1/2 yrs now. :)

#15 ·
Dale...stressful would be putting it mildly.........
Jim...Thanks...won't be long and I'll be back in business.....
Jack....we'll get the gang together for a "break in" run....... :eek:
Phil...thanks.....you're right it could've been worse........

#16 ·
Wow, There is a picture of this (I think, I mean how many 21SEs are in accidents?) on THT.

I looked at the boat a few months ago, and should have bought it honestly, but I kept looking, after a few deals fell through for various reasons, I ordered a new 21SE last month.

How about that fancy enclosure you had? Are you interested in selling it?

#17 ·
Jamie- Man O man. I was wonder'n why i hadn't seen any reports from ya. Sorry to hear of the ordeal and glad nobody got hurt. I hate for a good boat to meet its end like that. Well, now ya get to outfit another. This one will be even better. Maybe I'll get to ride on this one:D --------------------------

#23 ·
I finally got all of this straight after a few months so here goes.....
On Dec 2nd I sold my parker 21SE to a guy in Millsboro....He asked me to deliver the boat and he would compensate me for doing so....So it is a clear beautiful day....sat afternoon...on a straight away road...hardly any traffic....I am making a left hand turn (1 lane each way) 1 mile from this guys house....a car comes from nowhere (behind me) and slams into the rear (port side) of my trailer!!!!!!
Boat goes flying off of the trailer and goes an official 225 ft!!!!!....Trailer busts in 1/2 and swings around and dents my pickup....the girl (21 years old) hits my boat and than hits a tree....
To make a long story short....she is OK...broken ankle...My truck had $800 worth of damage, she only had liability and her truck was totalled.... the insurance company wanted to fix the boat....I didn't want it fixed because I had the boat sold and wanted the full value of what I was selling it for....damage was at $14,000...........gel coat..fiberglass...trailer..trim tabs ripped off.......Boat had a strap around which was ripped to shredds....winch strap too......
What an awesome boat it was....after all of that the boat was sitting on the side of the road and looked like it was ready to launch.....it was towed to Shorts Marine....I wasn't very happy with them but thats another story.....
So after 5 LOOOOONG weeks...I got a lawyer and Libery mutual (Her Ins Co) settled...the full amount.......

So now I can get back to a normal schedule and my new boat is ordered.....the boat was sold to a salvage company.....

Very strange to watch your boat flying down the road...thank God No one was coming from the other direction........I missed ALOT of quality fishing time........:confused:
If you think youve heard of everything try this out. A good friend of mine, a guide in SW Fl was trailering his 40K Action Craft rig across Rt 41 in Northport, an older gentleman runs a light and hits the boat from the side as well. Boat goes flying off, his PU rolled over from the force, trailer still attached. He's basically upside down, the boat was destroyed, kevlar, carbon fiber doesnt do well from impact. Here's the clincher, the old guy sues him. About a year later he gets a summons in the mail as well as the ins company. Instead of the ins. company fighting they pay the old guy, so they dont have to go to court. Fl is a nutty place, Bob said moral of the story, stay away from old folks driving. BTW he lost his endorsement with Action Craft after that.

#26 ·
Jamie - I remember the phone call from Hank telling me what had happened like it was yesterday. I followed you every step and as I told you just be thankful you and Marcia were O.K. Also glad they settled and your 23 SE is on the way, can't wait to get blood and Sea Lice on her.

#27 ·
Jamie -
Glad everything worked out for you. It could have been a real disaster with personal injuries. Bpats can be replaced.

Now that it's over, you can probably look for a little humor in the story - - anybody passing by probably thought Parker was filming a commercial to compete with the Triumph Boats - you know the one where the 2 guys are pulling the boat over a gravel road with no trailer :D

Good luck with the Predator II

#34 ·
I kept reading your reposnses about how you loved the 23's...so I figured let's go take a look and see what the fuss is all about....you were right!...impressive....
Maybe you and SWMBO would like to go on a nice eveing trip this summer.....I promise I won't call her SWMBO..I'm not dumb........:cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.