Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Hi Jay:

When panning, do you try to position yourself perpendicular to the object or are you slightly at an angle? What changes do you make when photographing a fast moving car/boat vs. a football player --I realize the speed of the pan will change -- how about aperture and shutter speed?

Thanks.

Dan

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I try to follow the moving object with the camera at the same speed. This will blur the background while maintaining the sharpness of the moving object. A shutter speed of 1/15-1/20 will blur motion while a slower speed will increase blur and a faster speed will decrease blur. I generally set the shutter speed first then set the aperature accordingly. Shutter speed is more important than aperature when panning.

·
Premium Member
26,227 Posts
:devil2::devil2: - hope the crew is OK , surprised they took a Parker out in rough water like that :D:D.

Serious - send that to Parker boats :thumbup: , AWESOME shot :clapping2::clapping2:.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Would somone please tell me why I cannot get the Parker pic on my computer (just a red x) while Paxfish's photo is there? Haven't had this trouble before. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
When I saw the pic my first thought was "this guy has got to do this for a living". Outstanding photo.

-JB

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
i am not a parker fan nothing really against them. just not my type. but!!!! that sir is an insane pic. kudos

·
Registered
203 Posts
Great picture! I have the same boat minus the radar which I am adding in 2008. Had mine offshore and they will take more than most people can handle if you do not mind being in a boat that size they are super safe and strong.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts