Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, gonna be mounting my minn kota bow mount on my 1801 . was wondering if any one else has this set up. looks like a bracket will have to be made so the trolling motor bracket wil sit flush. anybody have this setup and possibly pics of it. thanks guys

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
I've mounted alot of bow mount electric motors on center consoles. First I'm sure you got the shaft leneght you need to reach the water. You will need to get a pieces of star board or something like it to bring the mounting base up even to the lip on you rail. I did us pressure treated wood once. but I don't like how that looks. You want the motor when in the water to be as close to the center line as you can get it. Be careful when you place it on the deck that you have enought room under the deck to get to the bolts with tools. I've seen to many people not watch where they place it and then find that they couldn't get to all the bolts. all so put fender washers on the bolts first before the nuts under the deck. this sperads out the load. also make sure you seal the holes with a good sealer. I like to drill the holes a little over size. and then coat the inside of the holes with 5 min. epoxy. This really seals the wood if it has it but also seals the glass. then a good silacone on the bolts makes it even better. also use lock nuts. don't even think about free runing nuts with lock washers. they will losen up over time with all the pounding your boat will see. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Flies - Make sure that when you drill through the deck, you seal the now-exposed core material with thinned epoxy resin. You want it to soak in good and cure before you mount the motor and seal with silicone or 4200 (NOT 5200).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts