Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on launching at Willoughby this weekend. I will not be the first guy in the lot so here is my question.

I've launched at Willoughby several times and even when parking is still readily available, my rig is just too long for many of the interior parking spaces, F250, ext cab, 8' bed with 24ft Albe on bunks. Very long rig.

Am I making a mistake if I drop the trailer in one slot and the truck in another? I would lock the trailer tongue of course but that and a $20 set of bolt cutters gets you a key.

What's the recommendation if I get there and "no room at the inn"? Ft. Monroe? (not sure of their hours, night).

Thanks

Lar

·
Registered
734 Posts
From what I have been told, the cops will ticket you for parking a vehicle in the boat only area during the day without a trailer. And a detached trailer will also be towed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Larry, some city ramps have a sign that reads somthing like; "All trailers not attatched to truck will be towed at owners expense" I don't know why.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Sounds like a long rig but i have towed my boat/truck F-350 4door dually 25 foot GW on a roller trailer up many many times and i have fit, just go towards the end opposite of the ramps and stick out some. DO NOT split up the truck/trailer the truck will get a ticket the trailer towed/stolen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts