Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
this is a delayed report from yesterday (thurs).

ran into capt kyle at the ramp, as i seem to have done several times lately. he's usually just leaving, as i'm just getting there.
anhyhow, kyle says he has a small party coming, would i like to join them. now that's a hard offer to refuse -- i've wanted to fish with kyle for a long time. well, i hemmed and hawed and thought and thought, and i took a pass. just broke my heart. i was just too reluctant to leave my boat and a truck full of gear at the ramp. :wacko:
so i loaded up, and headed off the eastern side.
put my second line out (single 6oz chartreuse 'chute, 120'), turned around, and that poor rod just got knocked flat. after an heroic -- nay, an epic -- struggle (this fish actually fought) i had a 38incher boatside, managed to haul her over the rail, and had a deck full of lice :clap:.
got that rod back out, and as soon as i had my deep rod set with a tandem and 16oz at 80', it too got smacked. pulled in another nice mid-30's.
moments later -- before i could get that fish back into the water -- my first rod went off. tandem white 6" bucktail. boated that fish, put the line back out, and shortly thereafter it got hit again. for a while i felt like the classic one-armed paper hanger.

long story short, 4 pulls, 4 fish landed. for me, pretty good.

i guess i should mention, i've been out only a few times lately, and these are my first legal fish after cervical spine surgery. i feel better now. the surgery? to be the subject of another post when i get around to it.

thanks again, capt kyle............

bil

ps: see capt kyle's post for a pic

b

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I've been a pretty lucky HO lately but I like fishing solo too. Something about being on your own boat...Nice job on the fish.
I met you at Warren's not too long ago. I was with three boys and we discussed daisy's? Hope you recover fully.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
A little Rockfish initiated physical therapy does wonders for surgically repaired body parts. Don't you just love cluster F%&$ like that ?? WTG :bigfish:

·
Registered
13,943 Posts
Good luck on the spine. You made a good decision not to leave everything at the ramp and leave. With this economy..........some folks think it's the mall!.........Gary

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've been a pretty lucky HO lately but I like fishing solo too. Something about being on your own boat...Nice job on the fish.
I met you at Warren's not too long ago. I was with three boys and we discussed daisy's? Hope you recover fully.
paul --
i also have advanced CRS, but of course i remember you. always nice to put a face with a board name.
sounds like you've been doing quite well on the "HO circuit";-)
wish i had known you and skip were with b faithful. we were almost side-by-side at one point.

bil

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks all, and special thanks to capt kyle for posting the pic.

amazing how quickly you get out of shape and the body degenerates. my arm is very sore today from pump and crank, pump and crank ;-).

bil

1 - 13 of 13 Posts