Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started off in the dark and the fog at a pier with lights.
Caught this 19"er to start with.......

then a few fish the size of the 5" BA........

then I ran into Roger, Steve F, uncle phil and Dave........

Nice to see all of you and to fish beside you, we also talked to LoneRanger who was at home but on his boat.
All said and done I caught about 24 rockfish with most being 18" - 22", most caught in about 45' of water, all on 5" Limetruese BA's with 3/4 and 1oz. heads. Man what a nice day on the water.

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
L.R. - now that you mention it I don't remember him talking on a cell today, think he was too busy smoking cigars and saying " swing and a miss " to me for all the missed hooksets

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
Guess He fooled ya'!I called him once and talked to Him!Was down at the Hospital taking my Daughters Dog for a walk around Middle Branch for an hour or so.

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I did miss it, too foggy to see him from a few miles away:)
That sucks about work, keep your head up, what do they have you doing now.

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
Line work!Most likely end up making 40% less!!First chance I get,I'm outa there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!So much for 26 yrs. of over the top and beyond the call of duty service!!!!!!:mad: :( :mad: :( :mad:

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll keep my ears open for you

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
JP, as always is was great fishing along side of ya and I think we ended up catching about 15 or so today and Phill of course caught the big one of the day and nice 26 or 28". We did run into a small problem we hit a submerged LOG :( and it broke off both of my transducers but I did get the Furuno one back on thank God for break way transducers. Just want to set the record straight, JP was on the phone more then I was today. JP thanks for calling us to the fish AGAIN that was great. Thanks for posting the pic’s and it was good talking to you, Jaybirdjay (Roger) and Mike. Like JP said keep your chin up something will come along and if I hear of anything I’ll let you know. All by the way I had a Special Guest on my boat this morning my good friend Capt. Skip he caught a nice Patapsco Permit and he was done, thanks for going along Skip wish you could had stayed a little longer but I know you had to take a couple of laps around the pool. :D Lets head South next weekend I'm ready and I know that Phill, Dave and Roger is. :D

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Steve - man that really sucks about the log, I tried Brandon Shores for a few minutes and nada, did notice alot of logs as I headed in, glad I was able to help put some fellow TF'ers on some fish, with the 3 of us out there somebody was bound to find a bone. For the middle of " winter " they weren't a bad grade of fish

·
Registered
824 Posts
Patapsco HO?

If any of you guys ever need/want anyone to go out there with you, please let me know. I need to learn how to fish the harbor. I also have a boat, so if anyone is interested in going fishing with me and my retired father, we'd love to get some pointers.

Good job out there today John. It was hard not to shirk all my responsibilities today.

Mike Gardner

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
I can tell ya if the wind was not blowing we would have been in our T-Shirts. Just finished putting epoxy on the transducer just hope it holds. Thanks again JP and one of these days I'm going to put you on some fish.

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Sounds like an AWESOME day by ALL!! WTG!!!

Steve- glad to hear ya didnt do toooo much damage with the log....

Looked like a GREAT day to be out from my back yard....

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
JP, as always is was great fishing along side of ya and I think we ended up catching about 15 or so today and Phill of course caught the big one of the day and nice 26 or 28". We did run into a small problem we hit a submerged LOG :( and it broke off both of my transducers but I did get the Furuno one back on thank God for break way transducers. Just want to set the record straight, JP was on the phone more then I was today. JP thanks for calling us to the fish AGAIN that was great. Thanks for posting the pic's and it was good talking to you, Jaybirdjay (Roger) and Mike. Like JP said keep your chin up something will come along and if I hear of anything I'll let you know. All by the way I had a Special Guest on my boat this morning my good friend Capt. Skip he caught a nice Patapsco Permit and he was done, thanks for going along Skip wish you could had stayed a little longer but I know you had to take a couple of laps around the pool. :D Lets head South next weekend I'm ready and I know that Phill, Dave and Roger is. :D
Steve,Took my Transducer off a few years back with a 2 x 4 in the Patapsco!Never know whats floatin' in the River.[Mike]

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
Great Day

John,Thanks alot for putting me on the fish,it was really nice fishing with you,Steve,and Uncle Phil and Dave.Steve said you were a hell of a fishermen and how true it is.

I managed about 5 fish all together, and missed a few also.Mostly Buddys for me..but hey I'm certainly not complaining .What a great day to be out and fishing, I cant think of anything better.

JP thanks for the picture, thats the first one I have of the boat in the water.

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mgardner - will keep you in mind, your always welcome to join us in your boat and follow us around
Steve - your right about the shirts
Roger - great to see you out there again, glad I could help, your welcome for the pic
Andy - good time was had by all

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
JP, Was one beautiful day to be on the water and the fishing didn't sound too bad either. Sure was nice of you to call in the midget squad. Those poor guys can use all the help they can get. Steve, bummer about the log. You're having a tough year hitting things.

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Jack, all I though about after hitting that log was replacing the lower unit AGAIN. I like that, the "Midget Squad" but watch out for us we can sneak up on you at anytime. :eek: Are you going to the Promise Land next weekend???????

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
6,372 Posts
JP We took the Buster North Looking for pic # 2 but found none at 3 spots. Called you from Pier late morning while leaving but no reply.Water was 46-48.The big girls are surely in Md waters staging w/the temps we have now.

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Jack - I like that, Midget Squad. I thought of The Three Stooges.

Dave - I heard you hail me but I guess you couldn't hear me. Plenty of Buster food in the Patapsco

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
Nice going guys. I saw John and Steve as I was heading south in the morning. The wife smacked me for watching the boats and not the road:D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts