Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Excellent day of fishing on the Patapsco, 11-3-08, 10:00am-3:00pm... and its about time too!!! I caught over a dozen stripers 18"-24", plus a brut that measured 29", last fish of the day.* Also caught another 6 to 8 throw backs. Its been a couple years since I've had a trip this productive on the Patapsco.* The nice stripers showed up on the FF bigtime, no mistaking those marks.* Most caught on 4" paddletail BA, chart silver glitter, on 3/8oz head.* Others caught on the 6" BA limetreuse 3/4oz head.* Water clarity much better than its been all summer/fall, easily see down to 3'+, temp 53F-56F, nearly dead calm, mostly heavy clouds, mild. Scattered breaking action with birds but they wouldn't stay up long. The few breakers I managed to get to seemed to be all <12" dinks.

(Ooops... had to correct my water temps.)

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
WTG Howard,glad you had a great day on the river,good news for sure.

Thanks for the report

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bill - I fished the shallows the first hour without a single hit. I know I got a late start, which certainly didn't help, but the tide was high and the skies were heavily overcast. Eventually I had to move out to deep water to find fish. If it wasn't for my FF I never would have found them.

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
WTG Howard glad to see you finally got into some decent fish. I know there are some good fish in the river and it’s about time they showed themselves. Thanks for the report and we still have to hook up.

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
WTG, Howard.
you had better luck than we did on Sunday.

we had a tremendous amount of trash and plastic bags in the water on Sunday...worst i've ever seen.
we had to constantly pull our rigs to clear the junk off them:confused:

..did you see any of that?

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not too long ago the Patapsco, along with most of the Bay, went thru a couple days of extra high tides, like 2' above normal. Guess that refloated a bunch of trash and woody debri. Where I was I didn't see too much trash though, no problem.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Pretty Work....Thanks for sharing...:rockingreport: cujo

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
uncle phill - As you might expect, I've been itchin bigtime to get back but predicted wind & rain since Monday has spooked me off. The next day or two doesn't look to inviting either. We shall see.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts