Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the river around 8am, maiden voyage this year and needed to dispose of November's fuel. Air in the 30's, water around 50, high 53. Headed to B-Shores, water 72 and dead still. Found a few of those striped fish <20 on BAs and of course a few of the prized Permit. Most fish caught on the flats. Talked to Bottom Knocker on the VHF around 8:30, he was playing around HH, lost him for a few hours since I think he was on hand-held. Caught a big rock on a BA and then hit it hard enough I checked the bilge a few times. I hit that thing once a year, one time I'll be smart enough to mark it. Not a scratch on the hull, at least not a new one. Ran to poop plant, nada. Ran in Curtis, nada. Worked the shallows out to about 25ft and didn't see any marks - they're on the move. Tried Beth-S, water was 57. Got a visit from DNR as I was about to leave, no problem:thumbup: He must of checked the ramps too, I was the only rig at Turners and he asked if that was my Dakota. Ran back to B-S for a bit, little water moving but only managed a few PP. Got a call from someone whose name I forget that was also around B-S as I was ready to leave. Bottom Knocker also chimed in from down by the stacks just as DNR came after him. Water was flat and managed to dispose of 1/2 my fuel. Would have stayed to play it was so nice out but since it's my 24th anniversary I didn't want to ruin my fishing year this early:D

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glub - the fish seem to be on the move now that the temps are pushing 50+. The fish will be back once this big moon leaves. I should have brought some perch'n equipment but didn't since I mainly needed to use up my fuel.

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Well at least you got to blow the dust off the boat and you even caught some fish WTG. I’ll be out there tomorrow with Burgess and Uncle Phill so wish me luck. Thanks for the report Bob and I hope we can hook up this year.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
809 Posts
sounds like you gave the boat a good splash. Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Nice Bob!
Water real dirty, debris?
Saw a bunch stuff coming down the Susky when I went across the HdG bridge this morning
Wondering how far down it's gotten
Glad you scored!!!
Thanks

·
Registered
397 Posts
Bob H., that was me you talked to at BS. I came down from the Gunpowder and ended back-up to Dundee where the water was 68. Could smell the spawn and thought maybe some big ones but they were water skiing up there and I feel that ruined any hopeful big ones.

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Steve, my actual anniversary is Saturday the 31st. I would have liked to hook with you on Saturday but that would really be pushing my luck:D The moon at 80% today helped with the choice also, 90% on Saturday. DNR is bored, check your gear.

Dave - water was ugly but only a little debris. Visibility was about 1ft with chartruese BA's. CG was on the radio most of the day with debris warnings in the main channel mostly south of the bay bridge.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
Nice going Bob sound like you had a pretty good day,besides the boulder that is.Thanks for the report:thumbup:

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Hit the river around 8am, maiden voyage this year and needed to dispose of November's fuel. Air in the 30's, water around 50, high 53. Headed to B-Shores, water 72 and dead still. Found a few of those striped fish <20 on BAs and of course a few of the prized Permit. Most fish caught on the flats. Talked to Bottom Knocker on the VHF around 8:30, he was playing around HH, lost him for a few hours since I think he was on hand-held. Caught a big rock on a BA and then hit it hard enough I checked the bilge a few times. I hit that thing once a year, one time I'll be smart enough to mark it. Not a scratch on the hull, at least not a new one. Ran to poop plant, nada. Ran in Curtis, nada. Worked the shallows out to about 25ft and didn't see any marks - they're on the move. Tried Beth-S, water was 57. Got a visit from DNR as I was about to leave, no problem:thumbup: He must of checked the ramps too, I was the only rig at Turners and he asked if that was my Dakota. Ran back to B-S for a bit, little water moving but only managed a few PP. Got a call from someone whose name I forget that was also around B-S as I was ready to leave. Bottom Knocker also chimed in from down by the stacks just as DNR came after him. Water was flat and managed to dispose of 1/2 my fuel. Would have stayed to play it was so nice out but since it's my 24th anniversary I didn't want to ruin my fishing year this early:D
Bob,is that the Boulder I hit with my Brand New Engine that day???

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
Boulder

If thats the one I think he is talking about,your not alone.I managed to sit right on top of it one day.No damage but :eek:good thing I was not motoring.

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
Bob - glad you got out and back on the first trip, catching is a bonus, won't be long before the whole gang is motoring around the river, is the boulder the one about 20' or so down from the edge of the WWD or the one about 15' from the CWD.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I think its about 100 feet from the end of the WWD in about 2.5 feet. I have bumped it twice this winter.

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pathfinder - sorry I couldn't stay around and chat. I was already 1/2 hour overdue.

Lone Ranger - that's your rock Mike. Last year it took a small bite out of my skeg.

JP - it's rock 20ft or so off the end of the WWD steel wall. I thought it was about 5ft to the left - oops. I haven't hit the one at the CWD yet - give me time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts