Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out on monday morning in hopes of getting a few crabs and doing a little fishing while the traps soaked. Set out 12 traps in 6' and 12 in about 10'. I would run them and go fish a spot. Nada on topwater. Ran the traps and like 2 crabs. Hit the poop plant hump and had good marks but because of the wind I only got fish that were just under 18" which to me is a good sign. Running traps got 1 or 2 crabs. Went to Key bridge pillings and got 2 nice rock. One was fatter than the other but I'd guess they were between 20" and 23". Wind really got up so I pulled the traps and ran in. Ended with a few crabs, just enough for me and 2 nice rockfish.

Here's the rockfish.

Here's the sunrise I got to se when I was in EasternBay on Friday. Think I'll have this one blown up and framed and put it on the wall.

·
Registered
Koah Roller Speargun, 100 Euro
2,937 Posts
Nice job. I like your approach of setting out the crab traps as well. ...Don

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
nice report

Nice to see you reporting JP, the Pat seems to be giving up a few more fish now that we're into the fall.

YOU COVERED UP THE TROLLING MOTOR!! Wanted to see how you have it rigged up. Did you use it to stay on the pillings?

TIGHT LINES!!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Nice report JP. Great pics. It sounds like you'll be having a nice dinner.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Nice pics and report JP.

I've been trying to do the combo thing up north (middle river/ back river) but the crabs have not been cooperating.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Nice couple of fish JP. Any size to the crabs?

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Very cool, good looking fish. Id aLso would like to see the trolling motor setup. Looks like a nice big casting deck (although it needs some blood stains, but Im sure that will come in time).

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Thatta boy JP....another Wed blown out..........Nice fish

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
WTG

The pilings have been good lately! The pots outside the river were in 15-16 ft. I agree, its good to finally have some keeper-sized fish in the river.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
Nice going JP ,I'm currently trying to figure out a way to get a trolling motor on my SH,bow rails are a pain .
Thanks for the report and pix.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
6,372 Posts
That JP...

:D WTG Buddy. Getting the new boat used to all the old reliable places I see.:clap:

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
drichitt - I like to do combo trips in the fall

DirtyFrank - motor was off yesterday, wasn't probing the shallows so I left it off but it would have helped, I'll do some pics later in the week

tomytek - thanks, thats for sure

mrobertson - thanks, I think they've gone too deep for me now unless I try the Miles , Wye or Eastern Bay for a combo trip, the more I think about it I think I'm done crabbing and will just fish now

Trophy - thanks, 1- jumbo, 5 - med.

moronehead - I'll post some pics later in the week

hdrunk - thanks

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Jamie - you caught too many on wed's so the fish gods are giving you crappy WX to make you change your day, why not try the weekends with the crowds like the rest of us:thumbup:

Phil - thanks, when the crabs go past 11' I go back to just fishing

Roger - thanks, look on Minn Kota's web site, they have a good assortment of bracket that mount to your boat and you mount a plate on the motor and they fit together like a puzzle and you put a pin thru it and that locks it in place

John - thanks, was good eating

David - thanks, can't wait for CBBT and WWD's. Need to find some good bumpers or something else to keep the WWD's booms from scratching up the new boat, thought about some large cylinder types that I could push down between the boat and boom to keep the boom away from the boat.

Jack - thanks, the wind really made it tough, it was blowing ride out of the river at 10 - 15 at least. Heard some guys out trolling in front of Beth Steel in larger boats that quit due to the wind.

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Those fish gods are in trouble when it stops blowing!....(If it ever does).........

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Jamie - I just hope it stops by the weekend. Would like to try some topwater near Hanks and then try K.N. and then look around and find the birds.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts