Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yea, late start this year.

Launched from a stinkier than usual Hanover St. ramp (Large carp kill, big ones floating all around)...

C&Red a mid 20"s striper on topwater by 6:AM. That was it for quality fish for me.

Later explored Curtis creek past USCG facility. Some great structure up there, but dont think there is much current flow at all..

Founds some nice bait pods up there. Some stripers crashing on them. Only hooked dinks, but some large splashes...

Really nice set of docks installed in Tanyard Cove. Looks like part of amenities for new development. Room for about 30+ boats.

Also looks like great WP structure...

Water was mostly 75 degrees. Clarity about 2 feet...

Mike

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
1,699 Posts
Thanks for the report.

·
Premium Member
8,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I only saw one, small no wake float at the swing bridge CG facility. Folks were running on plane all up and down...

·
Premium Member
8,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dont know, but I unknowingly ran one over pulling out the boat. Got home and thought "How did this stink follow me home?". There was a nice pocket of carp mush in my wheel well!! GROSS ME OUT! washed it out with the hose and soap. Then had to pick it up and bag it for trash. Left the small bag out overnight.Its gone now...

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
TOO FUNNY...carp mush in the wheel wells...P.U. There's recently been a few dead carp floating in the Susky up my way. A buddy saw 2 while fishing last week. One was just the ragged edged head of about a 10 pounder, the other one was a 30 pounder with a huge bite taken out of it's belly & side...evidently muskies enjoy them :fishing2:

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Wow, thought you lived on that river.

Fished it Thursday eveing in a few select areas and had great marks in one spot but no takers. Hit a long stretch of prime topwater structure at dusk and had 0 sniffs. Not quite time yet, atleast not there.

Blew a brake on the ramp hauling out with an interesting ride home. Good thing I had the 13' Whaler and not the 20' Wellcraft.

Carp in the wheel well, now that's a new one.

Chris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts