Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eminent Brothers,
I had a chance to try my luck on the mighty Patapsco Permit and by act of congress, I was authorized to use one of the private community ramps on Stony Creek. I'm sworn to secrecy on the ramp thing so don't even think about asking. Anyway we had to fight our way through some pasky trash fish in the 20-24" range before we tangled with some trophy Patapsco Permit. The trash fish were hitting suspending Yo-Zuri stick baits while the patapsco Permit were mostly hitting BKD's on 3/4 ounce jig heads. My Grundens jacket still smelled like fish a week after my Deep Drop trip and after today it now possesses the refined aroma of the honerable and noble Patapsco Permit. (incert Mr. Yuck icon here) It wasn't so bad while on the water, but; it sure hurt me to stuff my Grundens jacket in a plastic bag for the road trip back to the garage. Those trash fish may be trash fish, but; at least they don't stink

·
Registered
357 Posts
Graybeard, glad you got out there. Something about that DD trip but the bibs I wore still smell like bait even after a trip through the washing machine. The look I got from MDDW when I put those stinkin clothes in the washer was priceless. At least it didn't make the washer stink.

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Ole Gray One, It’s good to see you out and catching some of those Patapsco Permit and a few of those trash fish thrown in. That’s the only thing wrong with those Permit they do STINK.:censored: How did you get a permission slip from the SWMBO or does she not know about this trip.:eek: Thanks for the reportand I think I know where that ramp is located.

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
WTG JP, glad you got out and found some trophy PP's, sorry you had to deal with them trash fish

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
279 Posts
I have a private ramp on Stoney creek was it mine? I had serious thoughts of going out today but I took my depth finder off and need to wait till I get my new one. Glad to hear you got some permits they are some great fish. Sorry to hear of the trash fish.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
Good going GB sure is a pain sorting though all those trash fish just to snag one glorious Patapsco Permit.:D They really do put up a hell of a fight on LT

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Brother Graybeard, Good to see you have brought some of that DD mojo with you to the Patapsco. I Know how you love your Patapsco Permit and ame please that they obligedyou by jumping on your hook. Nothing could be finer on a day like this than to bailing permit.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Eminent brother and esteamed fellow Parker owner,
You picked up on that one.......eah. Seemed funny at the time and I wondered if anyone would make the connection ????

Anyway it was a nice day not to be working and even a better day to be fishing. I'm not allowed to take "THE" digital camera out on the boat with me ever since I lost "THE" 35mm overboard. One afternoon I was fishing with my eldest son (baitboy) and daughter (perching princess) and I was trying to take a picture of my son holding a nice striper. Simple enough, but we got waked and the rocking made my daughter bumpinto my son, who started to fall and in the process kicked THE 35mm out of my hand and into the drink. So you guys will just have to trust me (insert saint icon here)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts