Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears that the rock are headed to the spawning grounds now with only a few stragglers hanging around. Fished with Steve F today and we only got 6 between us (not including Steve's real prize today...a coupla ole bulge lips :pp ). Could not match the success of last week and could not find any marks. Time to head north?? :thumbup: The wind was cold and blowing harder than expected. Good to see Jaybirdjay out there too.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Phil,

At least you were fishing and not working. We tried all over the place on Friday only catching 8 between the 3 of us. Go put a detour sign out in the bay pointing towards Baltimore for the big boys and gals.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
Least you guys got a few Phil,nice going.Did not even get the skunk off today and decided to call it off early when the wind kicked up .I think your right the fish have packed there bags.

Nice seeing you out there to phil and Steve as well,time to head to the flats.

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
I think Phill is right the fish are moving out and heading North water temp today was 57 at places, It was to get out and my buddy Mike Burgess was to go with us today but he called and said he got a hang nail and could not make it. :D Sorry Mike I could not resist. Phill failed to mention that he did land a nice one right around 25” and fat. Those bulge lips sure don’t like being hooked in the tail that’s for sure.:eek: Good seeing you Roger sorry you could not get one in the boat but you left at the right time boy did that wind start to kick up. I'm heading for the flats next week as long as we don’t get any rain this week.. As always it’s good to be out with my fishing partner Phill and it was also good talking to Reel Buster (David) he was heading South and I hope he found them. Roger you up for heading to the flats next Saturday I’m trying to talk JP in going as well ????

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok Steve, I'm sure you checked out the post about the carp fishin' days on the lower Susky and I know you're all jacked up about that since we'll be up there for the next several weeks...but those ole bugle lips don't eat herring. So, will you be LTJ'ing 'em? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
I think Phill is right the fish are moving out and heading North water temp today was 57 at places, It was to get out and my buddy Mike Burgess was to go with us today but he called and said he got a hang nail and could not make it. :D Sorry Mike I could not resist. Phill failed to mention that he did land a nice one right around 25" and fat. Those bulge lips sure don't like being hooked in the tail that's for sure.:eek: Good seeing you Roger sorry you could not get one in the boat but you left at the right time boy did that wind start to kick up. I'm heading for the flats next week as long as we don't get any rain this week.. As always it's good to be out with my fishing partner Phill and it was also good talking to Reel Buster (David) he was heading South and I hope he found them. Roger you up for heading to the flats next Saturday I'm trying to talk JP in going as well ????
Steve,Mikey bailed on a Trip!!!Can't believe it!Those Hang-Nails will do it every time!Guess you don't need that manual for the 402??

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
I was out there too with my brother Phil for my shakedown cruise. Turners Station had the gate still up when we got there at 7 am. What's up with that? We had to go the Merrit Point Park to launch. Ran out to BShore where the water temps were in the 60's, saw Scootin' and Bottom Knocker and a couple other boats. Nobody was catching. Then we rode over to Beth Steel. Called Burgess on his cell 'cause I thought he was supposed to be out with Steve F and uncle phill; I left a message. Nothing at Beth Steel either. Went back to B Shore, water temps cooled off quite a bit. After a number of casts nothing, so we took off. Went to the PP next, nothing. Rode to HH, nothing. Talked with Brian and Mike for a little while. They hadn't caught any fish either. Decided to call it a trip. It was chillier and windier than I thought it would be. At least we got the boat out and ran it. Put 31 miles on her. Left around noon.

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
sorry you guys didn't get into them, time to focus on the flats, then trophy season and then it will be like old days following each other ( or me ) around the Patapsco.:clap:

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
Roger you up for heading to the flats next Saturday I'm trying to talk JP in going as well ????
Your dang right Steve,I also need to figure out how I'm going to put a trolling motor on my boat:confused: The anchor locker is in the way,but would be nice to have.

Jp was surprised not to see you out there as well on sat,but you didn't miss anything.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
6,372 Posts
Phil and Steve sorry there wasn't more action.Water was dirty down till BP.Got 2 <30 but they are headed up our way.Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
Roger - my daughter came up for the weekend and will probably be coming on the weekends for a little while and I'm still nursing a little tear in my left shoulder but I hope to be out real soon, hopefully you guys don't catch'em all.:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.