Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am off of work this week and I am thinking about hitting the Patapsco--I have never done that before and am looking for a little guidance--
It sounds like the preferred ramp is the one by Harbor Hospital--anything I need to know about it?
From what I have read on here, BA's and BKDs seem to be the most popular baits--

Any hints on locations?

Is anyone else going out there this week? P-mail me if you want to exchange contact info or if you want a Ho for the day

I will post a report if I make it out--

Hans

·
Premium Member
26,152 Posts
Harbor hosp. ramp is OK.Be sure to park up the hill so the guards can see your truck.Make sure to obey the channel markers.Go under the Key bridge and 1 mile on the right are the power plants.It gets real shallow in there (2-3') so be QUIET and careful.Watch your temp.guage for warmer water.Best if someone who fishes up there will go with you to show you the area.Study your chart because some shallows extend far out towards the channel.The first set of markers out from the hosp.can be good.Try a Rattle Trap or 7'' BA on a 1/2 oz head.Look for a hole that drops to about 15'.The flat to the right (going out) can also be good-it's 3-4' of water.Try LONG casts with a shallow running minnow bait. Good luck Skip

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
good luck, BA's, Rattletraps and Jerk (STICK) baits are your best baits, lots of humps and holes in front of the cooling towers, don't hesitate to try away from the warm water, the other week the fish were in the cooler water away from the discharge

·
Registered
52 Posts
HAns,

I may get out there this week. It will be my first trip as well, at least in my own boat. Got a fresh supply of BA's the other day. I will contact you if I can.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
I fished that area last week before the front. Got some good advice from JP and some of the regulars on the Patapsco. I didn't catch enough to brag about, but I guess enough to make the run up from the Magothy worthwhile. Or maybe I should say I didn't think I had anything to brag about 'till I read Graybeard's post last week. :D Now I know I SHOULDA mounted my best catch! :pp If the wind lays and we get some water I may head up that way Wed or Thur. -Shawn

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
I've been skunked my last 4 trips this winter while fishing within site of the Harbor Hospital ramp. Last week there was a huge log totally blocking one of the ramps. The other ramp was in good shape.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts