Tidal Fish Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Weather personalities are definitely backing off on snow storm. I’m off as well, so bring it, either way.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Here is my Weather channel app on my iPhone for the weekend snow in Fredericksburg.

Here is the same app on my wife’s iPhone. Same app, same location, same time frame but a different forecast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,582 Posts
Im not bothered by the/any hype about storms. I read a lot, take it all in and make an educated decision.

it’s stories like this that anger me!
My stores in the middle river are stocked fool, but people are gonna read this and panic and clean em out. Irresponsible journalism, imo
A fun exercise is to pick a date in the past, preferably during a supposed "golden age" like the 1950s or 1920s -- and read the headlines from back then. More often than not, the headlines will sound like they were all doomed, that the world was going to hell in a handbasket. The media has always known that bad news sells and that people buy more papers (or click more links) if they're worried than if they're happy. I'm sure the same is true with many TV weather personalities.

Reactions: andypat

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
You were correct on the cold weather for January although it came a couple weeks later than you thought. My question is when will we see a decent warming pattern, at least for a bit? Any idea yet?

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
You were correct on the cold weather for January although it came a couple weeks later than you thought. My question is when will we see a decent warming pattern, at least for a bit? Any idea yet?
russellraven, it was warm today with sun and no wind. Tomorrow is supposed to be warm also for Jan. Indian summer sometime in Feb. Seems to happen almost every year.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Ugh. I'm up in Montgomery County. Looks like it will snow several inches and then be nearly washed away by rain. Just hope I don't have to shovel slush again!!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
russellraven, it was warm today with sun and no wind. Tomorrow is supposed to be warm also for Jan. Indian summer sometime in Feb. Seems to happen almost every year.
Today was tolerable but we had no sun up here in Southern Carroll County. I was able to work on my boat a little bit today.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts