Tidal Fish Forum banner
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I couldn't find the YP in my old spots today on Pax.

Couldn't ask for a nicer day though. Well, Sat and Sunday going to be 76!!!

Hope you found the big ones.
I tore them up on the incoming and slack tide. Had one good on but got tangled in the submerged trees I was fishing and broke my line. Biggest I got in was 19# and had several more roughly the same size. Was a good time, there’s a ton of blues up there and by how many I caught I’d say they’re here to stay. Filled my cooler in an hour and a half and looked for a big one the rest of the day.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I was out. Did real good. Them catfish chunks look good. Are they blue cats?
Yes they’re blue cats. I don’t bleed them or anything when caught. Once I filet and trim all the red meat off I put them into a bowl or bucket of water, let the water barely run and overflow. Wash them around a little bit and fillets will turn white.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
1,370 Posts
Yes they’re blue cats. I don’t bleed them or anything when caught. Once I filet and trim all the red meat off I put them into a bowl or bucket of water, let the water barely run and overflow. Wash them around a little bit and fillets will turn white.
Bleed them, it gets rid of that muddy metallic taste they have. They make awesome fish tacos and spicy Cajun nuggets.

Reactions: Big DV
21 - 40 of 66 Posts