Tidal Fish Forum banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
You guys fishing that deep hole north of Benedict???
Just fish the bends in the river. Both sides the outside is usually deeper the inside shallower. You’ll be surprised at how shallow you’ll catch big blues in the winter. I’ve caught them and you’ll see their wake when grabbing the bait in 2-3 foot of water in freezing temps. I’ve been catching them anywhere from 3-30 feet. Pretty sure you don’t live too far from me pm me and we’ll go fishing. Moved here not long ago and only person I fish with is a guy that I met on the bank fishing. Everyone else has been a professional telling me how to fish and couldn’t even bother entertaining the idea of trying to be friends.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Just fish the bends in the river. Both sides the outside is usually deeper the inside shallower. You’ll be surprised at how shallow you’ll catch big blues in the winter. I’ve caught them and you’ll see their wake when grabbing the bait in 2-3 foot of water in freezing temps. I’ve been catching them anywhere from 3-30 feet. Pretty sure you don’t live too far from me pm me and we’ll go fishing. Moved here not long ago and only person I fish with is a guy that I met on the bank fishing. Everyone else has been a professional telling me how to fish and couldn’t even bother entertaining the idea of trying to be friends.
Nice.
You are dead on about them being shallow at times, esp on a warm, sunny afternoon after a few days of colder weather.
Even better if that flat is adjacent to a deep hole.
Hope to get out Thursday.
Might even make up some carp bait, lol.

·
Registered
441 Posts
All good!

Sitting here drinking coffee, this is probably the first Thanksgiving morning in 40+ years that I haven't squirrel or rabbit hunted. Been our tradition, but looks like it dies today. At least, it takes a break. My leg isn't listening to my brain, plus everybody got busy. Or up a tree.

Going to load up on Advil and try to wet a line later. Even mixed up some carp bait couple days back, lol.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
1,370 Posts
Six decades of bad decisions + formerly a strong back and a weak mind.
Finally caught up with me.
Same here football, jumping out of perfectly good aircraft and having RA doesn't help me any either. My knees and shoulders are shot. If I kill a deer at the farm, I go get the tractor an put the forks on it, lol. A man's got to know his limitations.

Reactions: Hvymax

·
Registered
441 Posts
Better Living through chemistry and surgery. Recent knee replacement, 18yr old rods from my pelvis to L3, Arthritis everywhere else. If you live hard and don't die young you live to regret it.
I'm holding off on surgery long as I can.
Had meniscus cleaned up and shots, was doing good. Then ruptured a disc and bulged another. Once they started looking, GEEZ!
All kinds of stuff going on in there. None good.

Nerve impingement, etc causing leg numbness and/or pain, plus the back issues.
Then being a pigheaded retard, pulled hamstring trying to drag toad of a buck couple weeks back. Did break down and call wife and son for help. Maybe I'm learning?

Doubtful.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'm holding off on surgery long as I can.
Had meniscus cleaned up and shots, was doing good. Then ruptured a disc and bulged another. Once they started looking, GEEZ!
All kinds of stuff going on in there. None good.

Nerve impingement, etc causing leg numbness and/or pain, plus the back issues.
Then being a pigheaded retard, pulled hamstring trying to drag toad of a buck couple weeks back. Did break down and call wife and son for help. Maybe I'm learning?

Doubtful.
That's why it's not good to wait. Once the damage is done it's done. They have a shoulder sling deer drag so you can use gravity to your advantage. Fortunately I can grab a 4 wheeler and pull right up to them and only have to get them on the rack.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts