Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, sorry I missed the Crab Fest. Missed seeing everyone, but looking forward to Snoodfest.

Out of Broomes AGAIN. Finally found a decent M/FM ratio. The M were in shallow, 2-4 ft. Mixed bag quality but looks like a change for the better is coming soon. Even got 4 doublers.:confused:

Still a boat load of FM. see ya

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Herb

Hoping to get back down for at least a couple of weeks. Can't wait until the ladies move out at Len's, sure miss the Pax male crabs. Good Luck and hope to see ya soon again

John

·
Registered
717 Posts
Thanks for the report Herb- glad to hear ya found some jimmies. :thumbup: It seems the crabs are still fairly shallow and shedding- maybe that means it's still going to last for a while yet? Who knows really? :confused:

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
John, they're starting to pick up. I'm looking for a good late run although most are still way upriver.

Thanks Jamie. I agree about at least a few more weeks.. Still catching a few doublers in 2' of water so the crabs don't seem to be sensing anything right now. see ya

·
Registered
128 Posts
The doubler thing is still trippin' me out........
My buddy shedded an 8 1/2" softie........I told him .....they would have that thing on a plate in DC for at LEAST $100:yes:

Plenty crabs in the PAX.

Man that water is C L E A R:yes:

·
Registered
30 Posts
glad to hear from some of you vets, i was wondering if fat jimmy has been in the pax lately, my neighbor's been trying to get in touch with him about striper fishing in the honga, I went down with ben 2 weeks ago, we caught about a 1/2 bushel in the honga, threw back a ton of little ones, but still haven't figured out the stripers yet, the blues are definitely there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts