Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Late report from Sunday. Most of you guys fish when you have a weather window, some of us are not as fortunate, so I go when I have a work window. Plan was to go the MMBT and troll and drop some eels, wind was to much, settled for fishing behind NIT. Threw everything in the boat, caught one 18 1/2" striper about 6 hours into fishing. One question I have for some of you guys with more expereince is why do the tomics only have one singel hook? Just seems weird that the stretchs have at least 2 treble hooks and some have 3.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Some of us hate trebble hooks plain and simple...Personally i dont pull the strecths on my boat. Im not saying that they wont catch fish, but i find them to be more of a pain then anything else...Have you ever tried to unweeve a stretch 25 or 30 out of a net after a rock has thrashed about in the net...Single hooks are easier to clear from a net and much safer as well...ive seen way to many stretchs end up in peoples arms and clothing etc...a single hook allows for more time fishing and less time worrying about tangles and injuries.

Capt. Jordan

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
114 Posts
I put all stainless steel single hooks on all of my stretches and smaller Rapala & Wincheater lures. Catch just a smany fish.:boat:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Why screw with something that works good? Tried treble hooks on some of them, seemed like they didn't swim right, maybe it's just me...by the way, I can't stand pulling stretches, thats why I got a bucket full of them, they do catch fish but I agree the're a pain in the a$$...M2CTW

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hatteras,

Come search my boat anytime youd like...ill give you 5 bucks for every treble hook you can find during rockfishing season...Mirro lures and smaller speckle trout lures are a different story, but i simply do not troll them...Sure ive got plenty of stretch 25's and 30's that ive been given over the years, but they are all hanging in my garage until i have another garage sale...Then again ill probly just have to give them away

Capt. Jordan

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Personally I love Tomics. You catch the fish and yank him in the boat with the minnie gaff you caught him on! No net required!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts