Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Giving up the 12 year old PDA and getting with the times. Trying out a VX6700 from Verizon.. runs Windows Mobile 5.0. This thing does wonders for getting a procrasinator on track when your phone has your calendar/task list, email and the Internet ready to go.

Looking for PDA/mobile "friendly" web sites frequented by board members as well as programs you may use/find useful.

an example is ==> Weather Underground (Mobile)

things I'd like to do ..

fishing log
boat maintenance
GPS navigation
Weather report info.. anyone subscribe to the Weather channel mobile service?
TIDE/current I use the above, but please give me more if you have them :)

Worth a shot :bigfish:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Smartphone

fishcrazy

I've had a Smartphone for years. I bought the Motorola mpx200 a few years ago specifically to get thunderstorm information while I was out on the Bay. Moved up last year to the Motorola Q because of it's larger screen size. I searched all over trying to find decent web sites. I even contacted Topper Shutt at Channel 9 in DC to get some URL info on their weather radar capabilities. I want a radar shot directly over the north part of the bay with a 100 mile range. That gives enought time if I need to haul a$$ back to the dock to avoid a thunderstorm.

I recently changed computers and have misplaced my PDA favorites. I'll do some searching and hopefully send some sites your way.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You hit the nail on the head with the weather underground mobile site. That will give you almost up to the minute doppler radar of the area. I use this link to get the Thomas Point report and forecast - NDBC - Station TPLM2. You can use the site to find the station nearest to you.
That's about it for my on the water use of my phone at this point. Oh, I also have the Motorola Q.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies.

Thanks spicarde and handyman. I used the Weather Channel Get it now service from Verizon and the zoom/loop doopler radar functionality was good on my old Motos.

I suspect the Weather Channels paid subscription service will do that as well, downloading the free trial.. I'll report back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts