Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With extra time on my hands, I've been working on my own reels this winter. Alan Tani is the guy I search out online as he has taken the time to break down and photograph his work. Here he rebuilds the 113H. His website alantani.com shows many more breakdowns if you are interested. Thought this might be helpful.

Penn 113h/114h Rebuild [Pier Fishing in California]

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Alan's tutorials are excellent and can help tremendously with working on your own reels. I've had several conversations with Alan about reels maintenance and upgrades and he is always willing to share ideas.

I plan on doing a few tutorials of my own on some of the reels that Alan hasn't covered yet...I just need to get a decent camera for the close up shots!

B-faithful - give me a shout about your 965, I just may be able to point you in the right direction!

I am also glad to help walk anyone get through any problems if help is needed, just give me a shout...443-848-1074

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
I first saw his pictorials on thehulltruth a few years ago. An education in reel repair free for the reading.
What a guy! Do a search on THT for rebuild, then alantani to see his line-up of reel repair pics and tips.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
---If any( ONE )in the group want to get hints on the old workhorses 209's & 309's PM me ---geo.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Ralph, what reels are you going to discuss on the 19th?
I plan on covering general maintenance of spinning, star drag and lever drag reels ..I will be using the 330gt to demonstrate and also doing a comparison with a 330 lever drag.

If anyone has anything particular they would like to discuss, send me a message and I'll see what I can do...

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Men, you all must be more intelligent than me because when looking at those pictures of the 113H I become intimidated. Bob

·
Registered
583 Posts
I think there was a post like that on here from a while back. He saved my butt on a 113 and a 114.

You know when youve taken the reel as far down as it can go, and then all of a sudden you realize you are getting tired and your heading to the frig for your 4th beer... thats when i got scared and started looking for his stuff on the internet.

Great stuff!! Very helpful!

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
I think there was a post like that on here from a while back. He saved my butt on a 113 and a 114.

You know when youve taken the reel as far down as it can go, and then all of a sudden you realize you are getting tired and your heading to the frig for your 4th beer... thats when i got scared and started looking for his stuff on the internet.

Great stuff!! Very helpful!
Been there done that !:roflguy::yes: I've got a few torn down now that I don't even want to think about right now . Keep putting it off .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts