Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needing a baitrunner reel and am familiar with the Shimano and like them but the Penn Slammer Live Liner looks good as well. Anyone out there have one or any experience with them and give me a review. Does it have a more of a long cast spool design? Thanks, 2200v

·
Registered
303 Posts
2200,i have the shimano 6500 that stays rigged with an eel during the summer months.ketchup turned me on to it a few years ago,and i love it.spooled with 30lb biggame its landed my wife and i quite a few cobia the last couple of years.I'm looking at buying the little brother of the 6500 for pup fishing.good luck
claude.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have 4 of the Shimano 4500 Baitrunners - Drum, Cobia, eeling for large Stripers. They have a patent on the system - We have had very good luck with them. A buddy has the 6500's and they seem too bulky to me - He is always picking up my 4500's when we fish together.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The penn live liners have been revamped, no longer need to click them out of baitrunner mode manually as previous years. They are now self disingaging like the shimano and okumas.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts